Pre-Game Talk: ROUND THREE | GAME FIVE| Sunday | 3:00 p.m. EST |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Well, had time to digest last nights game. SENS almost tied it up, just too little too late.

They've lost worse games vs Boston & N.Y. Let's regroup and win this one. :yo:

31 hours to g0 :popcorn:

picture.php

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I have never felt the sens were gonna win stronger than I believe they are gonna take this one. Ottawa will win.

Last edited:

yoss

May 25, 2011
I have a sort of out of left field 2-part question for the Ottawa faithful; who was the player that Crosby slashed and shredded the finger of on the team again? And b) is he like Frodo & Henrik Sedin now with missing part of said finger or did they stitch it back up or what have you.

I remember they kept flashing that replay on sports highlights which caught me unawares a couple times and really made me cringe, nasty looking.

Good luck rest of the way, cheering for your team to win it all. Shoulda played Burr last game, that's what you get for sitting him. ;) Nah I kid.

That clip they showed with Don & Ron in intermission of Karlsson's imitation of Crosby was one of the most hilarious things I've seen recently. Your team has shown it can hang with the Pens, only game that's been blown out so far is in your favor, otherwise a close series. Burrows with a couple choice primary assists this post season for you guys, think he's probably due for a goal. If he plays that is.

Good Luck! Go Sens! :handclap:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have a sort of out of left field 2-part question for the Ottawa faithful, who was the player that Crosby slashed and shredded the finger of on the team again? And b) is he like Frodo & Henrik Sedin now with missing part of said finger or did they stitch it back up or what have you.

I remember they kept flashing that replay on sports highlights which caught me unawares a couple times and really made me cringe, nasty looking.

Good luck rest of the way, cheering for your team to win it all. Shoulda played Burr last game, that's what you get for sitting him. ;) Nah I kid.

That clip they showed with Don & Ron in intermission of Karlsson's imitation of Crosby was one of the most hilarious things I've seen recently. Your team has shown it can hang with the Pens, only game that's been blown out so far is in your favor, otherwise a close series. Burrows with a couple choice primary assists this post season for you guys, think he's probably due for a goal. If he plays that is.

Good Luck! Go Sens! :handclap:

1. It was Marc Methot whose finger was taken by Crosby. He's playing but with extensive padding in his glove and we're not sure how strong that hand is.

2. Burrows is sitting because he's injured. He's played every game when healthy.

3. While Burrows is certainly part of Ottawa's depth that has brought them this far, and he's made some decent plays, overall I'd say I'm a little underwhelmed by his performance to date in the playoffs. I'm hoping to see him have more of an impact going forward.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
With Burrows we had hoped he would be more of a weasel. Not necessarily biting someone but agitating and getting players off their game. And no team seems to have more players that are ripe for agitating than the Pens. Kessel and Malkin are well down that road already. We just need Burrows to give them a good hard spin.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Hair trigger. Guy Boucher had better have one ready in case bad Andy shows up in goal. At the first sign of crapping the crease...pull the trigger and put in Condon.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
If I'm the Pens, my game strategy is going to focus on SENS slow-foot D (2 5 3) and Andy's crappy down low play & puckhandling. IMO we should play Harpur for 5, and Condon for Andy. Keep em guessing.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Wasn't aware Burr was injured. Yeah he's been somewhat underwhelming this playoff run so far, has lost a step this last season or 2 even before he got traded. That said still plenty of hockey left and he's liable to have a big game out of nowhere from time to time. Hopefully he's ready to go soon.

Thanks for the heads up about Methot, could've googled it i suppose but was curious who that was.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think the Sens could win this series if:
1. Anderson plays a solid game and does not give up poor goals as he did in game 4;
2. The Senators PP starts to score some goals, rather than sputtering and giving up scoring opportunities through lackadaisical play.
3. The Senators don't lapse into a passive defensive style of play which limits their offensive effort and opportunities to score.
4. The Senators avoid taking penalties, thus limiting the Pens more effective PP from making the difference in the game.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
I'm calm about the outcome. Not really confident that the Sens can pull this out but very proud of their heart and effort. I'm sure they will leave it all out there in the next 2/3 games. All you can really ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad