Prospect Info: Round 7 - Pick #213 - TRADED TO TORONTO

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Could end up being higher though. Glass half full, come on Lonnie. Haha

Toronto has enough talent to be a top team, so I don't see it being markedly better. Certainly not enough to punt the pick for a year, without getting an asset to do so. Which is my main issue. Trading the pick is fine, but trade it for a 6th next year or a 7th and a second 7th in 2022. You know, something extra just for the delay.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Toronto has enough talent to be a top team, so I don't see it being markedly better. Certainly not enough to punt the pick for a year, without getting an asset to do so. Which is my main issue. Trading the pick is fine, but trade it for a 6th next year or a 7th and a second 7th in 2022. You know, something extra just for the delay.

This isn’t the first time Sweeney has punted a 7th to next year and didn’t get anything extra. It’s a good point. Every time a team trades up, they give up something extra.

Toronto essentially moved up 7 rounds and didn’t give up any sweetener.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This isn’t the first time Sweeney has punted a 7th to next year and didn’t get anything extra. It’s a good point. Every time a team trades up, they give up something extra.

Toronto essentially moved up 7 rounds and didn’t give up any sweetener.

Exactly. Toronto presumably moved up because a specific player they wanted was there, so why no extra asset for Boston? Bad asset management by Sweeney, imo.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Now that this draft is over, Sweeney can make his list for 2021 draft from the leftovers.

Seriously though, its just crazy to be so over the top negative about draft picks when a team's first pick starts at 58th.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Now that this draft is over, Sweeney can make his list for 2021 draft from the leftovers.

Seriously though, its just crazy to be so over the top negative about draft picks when a team's first pick starts at 58th.
Just a lazy draft by B's mgmnt and then Donny gets horn swoggled by Dumbass, the worst GM in the league now that Chiapet doesn't have a job! Priceless! I used to think Sweeney had a PLAN but I have since given up that idea!

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad