Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29 CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon, new contract 4/23 2x3.25M

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The KHL contract has been terminated pretty much some minutes ago, as it is not in the contract database anymore (and it was there minutes ago).
1711643655434.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's had 2 years robbed from his life and a real shot at being a #1 goaltender here. Now he's going to be in direct competition with Kosolov and Ersson.

I expect Fedotov to play for the Flyers before Kolosov, who will probably spend significant time in the AHL.

Ersson - Fedotov is likely the tandem next year. This is wild.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I expect Fedotov to play for the Flyers before Kolosov, who will probably spend significant time in the AHL.

Ersson - Fedotov is likely the tandem next year. This is wild.

Watch Fedotov steal the show.

Not really. CSKA is probably cleaning house after one of its most disastrous seasons in recent memory.

Sergei Fedorov was let go as coach. Fedotov was painfully average after signing for what was almost certainly a pretty lucrative 2-year deal ($$$). There will probably be others.

Considering what happened in his life, the whole shit that went down in Russia, losing a whole year and so on, the stats really aren't bad at all.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Watch Fedotov steal the show.

Considering what happened in his life, the whole shit that went down in Russia, losing a whole year and so on, the stats really aren't bad at all.
There's been little bits from reporters stating Kosolov wants the NHL gig and is expecting to get some warm up games in LHV before heading to the team. It doesn't surprise me. The Fedetov news is straight out of left field though.

Which also leads to the fact that this team really doesn't leak a lot of information that they don't want out there anymore.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
If I know anything about the Flyers, Fedotov will probably have a good showing in the regular season/playoffs, decide he doesn't want to be a 1B to a blossoming Ersson, and take a chance elsewhere in UFA.

I hope the NHL can somehow rectify the stolen years he's had while under contract with the Flyers. Not sure what the CBA would allow, though.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Is it worth it to play him this year and burn his contract rather than toll it and get the full season

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Plot twist: The plan is for Fedotov and Kolosov to battle it out the rest of the way. Ersson and Sandstrom back to LHV.

• Wow
Reactions: Larry44

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
If I know anything about the Flyers, Fedotov will probably have a good showing in the regular season/playoffs, decide he doesn't want to be a 1B to a blossoming Ersson, and take a chance elsewhere in UFA.

I hope the NHL can somehow rectify the stolen years he's had while under contract with the Flyers. Not sure what the CBA would allow, though.
Come on dude.......

The Flyers didn't give up on him, and have followed all the protocols to get him here. He's not going to shit on them and sour NHL relations. I have no doubt he will give them at least a full year.

The NHL still apparently has a suspension on him, so it may not apply. I’m sure there has to be some consideration to that.
The last thing the NHL are going to do, is get in the way of any Russians that want to play here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad