Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29 CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon, new contract 4/23 2x3.25M

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I thought Tomek was a lost cause after his stint in North Dakota. A reminder to myself to not throw in the towel too early on prospects, especially goalies and defensemen.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's been on a steady upward trajectory for three years now, by the time he's eligible to come over, he may be a hot commodity, if there's no room on the Flyers, he might garner a 2nd, maybe even a 1st round pick in trade.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

Hey buddy can you compare him with young Bob. I know Bob was a bit older in his days in the khl. But how is he skill wise and style wise in your view in comparison with bob. Thx

Edit: he wasnt older i think

08-09
9.png
Metallurg Novokuznetsk
KHL322.49.927
09-10
9.png
Metallurg Novokuznetsk
KHL352.72.91
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Trade Hart
Iam posting here since 10 years and was reading here for maybe another 2 or 3 years. I think i have shown, that iam not stupid enough to think a goalie prospect with a good start to the season is better than our franchise goalie!

I never ever have said i want Fedotov to be our No1.

Sometimes i hate this place so much.

Is it because my english isnt that good? Every 3rd posting of me is used to be sarcastic or only stupid answers.

I thought we are better than Facebook or whatever stupid place?!!

*rant off*

In my eyes we need to find a solid, cost controlled backup for Hart. I dont believe in riding a over the hill veteran till he dies. I want one of our drafted goalies coming over and be the backup. Not some Ahl callup and maybe getting 3 games a season like Lyon. We need a backup. And maybe Fedotov can be this backup.

That is why i want to learn more about him. His skillset, his comparison. I never wanted to say he will be as good as Bob.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In my eyes we need to find a solid, cost controlled backup for Hart. I dont believe in riding a over the hill veteran till he dies. I want one of our drafted goalies coming over and be the backup. Not some Ahl callup and maybe getting 3 games a season like Lyon. We need a backup. And maybe Fedotov can be this backup.

That is why i want to learn more about him. His skillset, his comparison. I never wanted to say he will be as good as Bob.

This is the MO for a number of top franchises, find a franchise goalie, then develop young backups, let them get into 20-30 games for 2-3 years, but once a new young backup is ready, trade the backup for draft picks before he gets too expensive.

But you have to line up 3 or 4 guys at different points in their development to make it work, because a couple will crash and burn so you have to keep 'em coming to have one solid prospect in reserve at all times.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Iam posting here since 10 years and was reading here for maybe another 2 or 3 years. I think i have shown, that iam not stupid enough to think a goalie prospect with a good start to the season is better than our franchise goalie!

I never ever have said i want Fedotov to be our No1.

Sometimes i hate this place so much.

Is it because my english isnt that good? Every 3rd posting of me is used to be sarcastic or only stupid answers.

I thought we are better than Facebook or whatever stupid place?!!

*rant off*

Haha, I’m just f***ing around. Didn’t think you’re suggesting that Hart could be replaced

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
This is the MO for a number of top franchises, find a franchise goalie, then develop young backups, let them get into 20-30 games for 2-3 years, but once a new young backup is ready, trade the backup for draft picks before he gets too expensive.

But you have to line up 3 or 4 guys at different points in their development to make it work, because a couple will crash and burn so you have to keep 'em coming to have one solid prospect in reserve at all times.
yeah but before you can use them, you need to get them over the atlantic, and let them play in NA. Our franchise is sleeping on our GK prospects, cause they are in love with Elliott. We should have canned Lyon 2 seasons ago and give the other prospect the chance. I believe they would be solid backups already.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
yeah but before you can use them, you need to get them over the atlantic, and let them play in NA. Our franchise is sleeping on our GK prospects, cause they are in love with Elliott. We should have canned Lyon 2 seasons ago and give the other prospect the chance. I believe they would be solid backups already.

Stolarz hurt his knee and really isn't any better than Lyon.
The other prospects still aren't ready, maybe in a year or two.

Stolarz
2016-17: AHL 29g .911, NHL 7g, .928
2017-18: 4 games
2018-19: 18 NHL games, .900
2019-20: 39 AHL games, .922
Lyon
2016-17: AHL 47g .912
2017-18: AHL 27g, .912, AHL PO 11g, .944, NHL 11g .905
2018-19: AHL 39g, .916
2019-20: AHL 32g. 913

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Stolarz really isn't any better than Lyon.

Stolarz
2016-17: AHL 29g .911, NHL 7g, .928
2019-20: 39 AHL games, .922

Lyon
2016-17: AHL 47g .912
2017-18: NHL 11g .905
2019-20: AHL 32g. 913

I dont wanted to have the stolarz conversation back. But the numbers and the eye test say he is better. Nevetheless i dont spoke about Stolarz herein. I spoke about our swedish and russian prospects. This franchise sign veteran echl goalies to play in the ahl behind lyon. Why not let the young guys play.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dont wanted to have the stolarz conversation back. But the numbers and the eye test say he is better. Nevetheless i dont spoke about Stolarz herein. I spoke about our swedish and russian prospects. This franchise sign veteran echl goalies to play in the ahl behind lyon. Why not let the young guys play.

Because they weren't ready.

Sandstrom had a groin injury and probably should have been shut down last year.
Ustimenko needed a year in the ECHL.
Fedotov has a 3 year KHL commitment.
Ersson is getting as good or better experience in the SHL.
Ross is still in the CHL.
Tomek had to go back to Czech republic to restart his career.

Just a matter of timing. Right now Lyon is the best emergency option if Elliott gets hurt, he could probably give you similar production as a backup goalie.
A year from now, some of these kids will be in the AHL. Ustimenko should be there this season, splitting time with Lyon, Sandstrom maybe, depending on how much PT he gets in the SHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad