upload_2018-6-23_14-13-37.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: Kegs

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not sure if maybe someone posted in the off-season thread or prospect thread about this. Apparently the Bruins removed McFaul from their reserve list and he's now a free agent.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Not sure if maybe someone posted in the off-season thread or prospect thread about this. Apparently the Bruins removed McFaul from their reserve list and he's now a free agent.

Meh?

1000001043.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Looks like this draft pick was a McFail

• Wow
Reactions: Kegs

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
I mean at 181 you’re hoping for the $1,000,000 lottery win on a $1 scratch ticket. More often than not you’re aren’t getting a NHLer that late in the draft…and no need to tell me that Mark Stone and Anders Lee were sixth rounders either. About 30% of 6th rounders play 1 game or more in the NHL while only around 8% play 99+ games. It’s almost a complete shot in the dark.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

This is questionable so some digging needs to be done, and that's where I come in.

First off, the Bruins did not remove him from their reserve list. Only the league can do that once rights expire. In fact, the Bruins still list him Boston Bruins Prospects (then again, they still list Matias Mantykivi.

So, the article you quoted was based off this tweet (don't understand why they don't give credit):

And as you can see by this next Tweet, McFaul is returning to the NCAA for a fifth season thanks to COVID

That in itself extends the rights until August 15, 2024.

So, I checked with two NHLPA sources who gave a conflicting answer. I then checked with my pals at CapFriendly who are getting conflicting answers from the NHL.

CapFriendly.PNG

Doesn't really matter though. I like how his defensive game has come along but his offence never materialized in the NCAA.

But it would be nice to get the right answer.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The evidence this past season would suggest he's still in their plans,I doubt McQuaid and Co would have spent as much time as they did watching him that late into the season
Though he wasn't at Development camp there have been players in the past the were allowed to skip it

Reactions: DominicT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad