Prospect Info: Round 6, Pick 172, Anthony Salinitri, C, Sarnia (OHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
_MET0086.jpg

Name: Anthony Salinitri
Postion: Center
Team: Sarnia Sting (OHL)
Birthdate: March 5, 1998
Birthplace: Windsor, ON, Canada
Height: 5' 11"
Weight 170lbs

Salinitri has good speed which is also apparent with the puck on his stick. He can be creative with the puck and can make plays. He gains zone entry with his speed and possession. He can get in on the forecheck but needs to add strength to be more effective. He will not shy away from the physical game. He’s good defensively and won’t get caught cheating. He’s also a good penalty killer. Besides adding strength, his biggest need is to find more consistency in his game.

https://ohlwriters.me/2016/02/20/anthony-salinitri-player-profile-sarnia-sting/

Last edited by a moderator:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
From StingUpdates: great skater, solid shot, excellent PKer, Hatcher loves him. Top 6 role next year.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
If Konecny goes back atleast it will allow some to get a good look at him. Similar to Fezleev and Sanhiem. I personally plan on going to all close OHL games vs Sarnia

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
If Konecny goes back atleast it will allow some to get a good look at him. Similar to Fezleev and Sanhiem. I personally plan on going to all close OHL games vs Sarnia

Watched him a couple times. Very good player.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I feel like this one was not needed, but whatever, I will trust Hexy and our scouts.

It would be better if we used this pick on Stransky or someone similar with higher upside who was still on the board, still can't believe Stransky was not even drafted.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Saw this a while ago but now he's a Flyer

He was SSM's 1st round pick in 2014. They also took some other NHL draft picks. He got traded for Deangelo.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I remember taking notice of this guy when watching some of Konecny's games with Sarnia. Wasnt sure of his draft eligibility or anything but had a positive impression of him. Apparently the Flyers did too. Could be a good pick or could be a contributor to the Phantoms at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad