Prospect Info: Round 4 Pick 119 - Curtis Hall

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Button had him at 33 a while back, seems like underproduced last year and dropped.

From the The Draft Analyst:

C Curtis Hall, Youngstown Phantoms (Ranked No. 96):
Strong, powerful two-way center with speed who can finish in a variety of ways. It feels likes you can count on Hall to get at least one breakaway per game in addition to the three or four odd-man rushes he initiates. His overall puck skills are good for a kid who is willing to play physical, and most of his shifts are spent buzzing opposing defenders who are looking to break out. Hall, who is committed to Yale, is more of a finisher than a playmaking pivot, but his size, instincts and speed make him valuable on both the penalty kill and late in games.

Reactions: Thrive

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if one of the intrepid Bruins hockey reporters interview him, and ask what happened this year.

He was at 10 goals 7 assists time for team lead 17 points when he left for the World under 17 tourney in December. From that point on it was 37 games, 3 goals, 11 assists for the rest of the year. The person he had shared the team lead with prior to the tourney continued on at a near PPG pace.

So one would think either he got injured in some way, or Youngstown just changed the lines when he left and he never got his first line role back

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
If it weren't for the Canadians ridiculous draft (8 out of 11 are centers), I'd say the Bruins went center heavy. The Bruins are doubling down trying to find Bergeron and Krejci replacements. They might already have them in house but you don't want to be in the Canadians position of not having them so best to keep looking.

Hall seems like a good pick who will be stashed at Yale for the next 4 seasons.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If it weren't for the Canadians ridiculous draft (8 out of 11 are centers), I'd say the Bruins went center heavy. The Bruins are doubling down trying to find Bergeron and Krejci replacements. They might already have them in house but you don't want to be in the Canadians position of not having them so best to keep looking.

Good post, it`s also good business management. Whenever I have been in a position of leadership, I have always tried to identify my successor knowing I work in the Hospitality industry and usually the life expectancy of someone in the same place dries up around the 3 year mark so I start my succession planning from the get go and also do the same for my Supervisor`s knowing that they too will likely move onto another gig.

I can`t speak to this kid, never heard nor seen him play but you can see what the B`s are doing here. My bigger concern is what are they doing about the goaltending succession plan? I know Dom seems high on, Keyser (think his name is Kyle or Curtis?), but do the B`s have one goalie currently that appears to be the guy they are working closest with the move onto the next level?

Reactions: 00BW

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

Agree with this post. Theres still some time to develop those replacements but the more darts you through at the board the better.

Let him marinate at Yale for 3+ years and see what you get.

Reactions: 00BW

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Could this kid be flying under the radar when we talk about prospects? I don't have the ability to get to nearly as many Yale games as I used too (even though I live 15 minutes away), but in the games that I have seen him, he's been good.

This season he has 23pt in 23GP and ranks T-35th in the NCAA in P/GP (min 20 games).

Listed at 6'3/220lb the kid has some size and can skate. Played on the U20 team for USA in a depth role and managed 1G in 5GP. Could he be a kid they try and get into the fold down in Providence after the NCAA season ends?

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I do not have a link handy, but apparently his role on Youngstown changed after the world tourney...and hence, his drop in output. He seems like a Sean Kuraly type...but maybe a bit more offensive pop to his game. It will be fun to track him at Yale, who should have a solid slot for him next year.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really like Hall. Solid draft pick at the time who's progressed in his formative years as a prospect. When he and Beecher hit the pro rostee in a couple of years, it's going to add a lot of size and speed to the lineup, with some skill and jam to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad