Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 109, Connor Bunnaman, F, Kitchener (OHL). (Signed 8/20/21 - 2 yr deal)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I’m curious... do others say “yeh”?

Nothing wrong with it, but the usage seems unique to you

I think it is a pretty Northern English thing.

Yeh or yep or yup (depending on the part of the North) as an affirmative is pretty common.

I would generally, if speaking with friends from the same area I grew up, say "yeh mate" if they asked me a question where a positive answer was due. Or maybe "sure mate". We overuse "mate"/"pal"/"ar'kid" (if being really Manc)

What would your go to be @1985?

Reactions: wankstifier

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

Yeh or yep or yup (depending on the part of the North) as an affirmative is pretty common.

I would generally, if speaking with friends from the same area I grew up, say "yeh mate" if they asked me a question where a positive answer was due. Or maybe "sure mate". We overuse "mate"/"pal"/"ar'kid" (if being really Manc)

yeh is used at the end of a statement alot. i'm guessing to get affirmation.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I think you meant @1865

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

It’s definitely a Manchester thing. Yep, mate and pal in every other sentence.

“Alright” as a welcome too.

Reactions: Appleyard

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
100% of my Manchester knowledge comes from Karl Pilkington.
242.gif

Reactions: Larry44

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Nobody else...? Okay, I’ll bite. Go for it.

I need something of alternative entertainment right now.

I'm not going to actually do it - the "bantz" (2019 slang for "banter") would be endless and unbearable, for everyone. I am your captain - I always have to look out for the best interests of everyone.

N.B. I am also too lazy to type out another screed about them.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I'm not going to actually do it - the "bantz" (2019 slang for "banter") would be endless and unbearable, for everyone. I am your captain - I always have to look out for the best interests of everyone.

N.B. I am also too lazy to type out another screed about them.
I feel so much joy for you in my stomach Cap,n , having Bunny creating so much accountability for you . Oh just wait , it was just " gas "

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
3,5 years ago I`ve been watching his play first time. After that I started topic about him (in NHL Draft-prospects discussion). 4 monthes later my favorite team picked this guy. And last friday I was at O2 Arena in Prague and been watching his NHL debute. Unbelievable. Feel like a scout, f**ck yeah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad