Prospect Info: Round 4, 120th overall: Alex Ciernik, F, Södertälje SK (HockeyAllsvenskan)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Comes down to character, is he bad on defense b/c he hasn't had a HC push him to be better or he just doesn't care and never will care.
As TDA shows, all the offensive talent in the world is for naught if you can't play basic defense.
But in the 4th rd, it's worth the gamble, odds are 90% of your 4th rd picks will barely have a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Comes down to character, is he bad on defense b/c he hasn't had a HC push him to be better or he just doesn't care and never will care.
As TDA shows, all the offensive talent in the world is for naught if you can't play basic defense.
But in the 4th rd, it's worth the gamble, odds are 90% of your 4th rd picks will barely have a cup of coffee in the NHL.

He plays wing, not D or C.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Looks like he scored a goal against the rangers at the rookie tournament. Personally I thought he was awful at the past U20 tournament and give him an outside shot at making the Slovak WJC team if coaches had balls but they don’t so they will take their friends son and put him on the team. Lazy skater, low effort and thinking he’s better than he actually is. Hockey is played in all three zones, which is something Ciernik still needs to learn

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
1695347149947.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looks like he scored a goal against the rangers at the rookie tournament. Personally I thought he was awful at the past U20 tournament and give him an outside shot at making the Slovak WJC team if coaches had balls but they don’t so they will take their friends son and put him on the team. Lazy skater, low effort and thinking he’s better than he actually is. Hockey is played in all three zones, which is something Ciernik still needs to learn
A couple rookie/training camps with Torts, and he'll get the message . . . or else.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I have only seen him play 1 game, but I did not see that from him at all. I thought he was very good in that game.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

He is basically guarenteed to make the WJC team...

I mean, he played last year and I really dont think he was awful in any way, played every game in the middle six as a 17 year old and held his own.

And ofc has been a fixture on age group teams for 3.5 years now, including being generally ~2nd best player his age-group after Dvorsky internationally.

Plus ofc plays pro hockey and has ~40 pro games under his belt already.

Started the Allsvenskan season yesterday with a goal, playing on the 2nd line.

His goal yesterday.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

I mean, he played last year and I really dont think he was awful in any way, played every game in the middle six as a 17 year old and held his own.

And ofc has been a fixture on age group teams for 3.5 years now, including being generally ~2nd best player his age-group after Dvorsky internationally.

His goal yesterday.

Is Vasterviks pushing for promotion this year? I know HV71 was promoted last year but I wonder if that made it harder or easier for Danny to convince them to let Andrae play AHL instead of coming back. Either way, this kid impressed me at the rookie games, hadnt paid much attention until then

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Is Vasterviks pushing for promotion this year? I know HV71 was promoted last year but I wonder if that made it harder or easier for Danny to convince them to let Andrae play AHL instead of coming back. Either way, this kid impressed me at the rookie games, hadnt paid much attention until then
Västervik will be fighting to avoid relegation.

For Ciernik that shouldn't be a problem because he will get minutes he (probably) wouldn't be getting at a promotion candidate. If he does really well another team could pick him up during the season as Västervik are no strangers to selling players if the money is right.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017

His goal yesterday.

:oops: :nod:

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
his second goal was an empty netter but he hustled for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad