Date of birth: 9/17/1995
Place of birth: Scarborough, ON, CAN
Ht: 6’0″ Wt: 179 lbs
Shoots: Left
Position: LW
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2014
Twitter: @Bunting27
THW:The Next Ones Rankings (January 2014): 80

“Bunting is one of the most underrated players in this OHL draft crop. He’s a late ’95, but this year was only his first in the OHL after playing midget last year. Ultimately he proved to be quite the find for the Hounds as he was one of their most consistent contributors (when he was healthy). He’s a 200 foot player who plays with a high intensity level at both ends. He’s not huge, but he plays much larger than his size, showing little fear in attacking the net or playing in the corners. He’s a good skater who excels in transition and has good hands in close. As he gains strength and confidence, he could easily develop into a high energy 2nd or 3rd line scorer at the next level and should be someone NHL teams consider heavily in the 2nd round.“

Brock Otten - OHL Prospects

“A late bloomer who entered the OHL as an 18 year old rookie. Very good vision, speed, hands, and quick shot. Finds the open soft areas, and makes space by getting open. An under the radar prospect who shows good upside. He needs bulk, strength and time.“

Bill Placzek - Draftsite.com

[NHL]627086[/NHL]

Last edited:

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Karlsson and Bunting for the 73rd pick, I'll take it and thank Montreal kindly.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bernhardt said he had never really weight trained but was athlete of the year a bunch in highschool.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Seems like a good pick and very genuine. Anyone know what he is projected to be? 2nd line potential but likely 3rd line forward?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
At this point with the way our 2-7 round picks have gone, I'd just be happy with an NHL player.

It would finally be nice to find the gem forward late in the draft who turns out to be a 40-50pt player...but if they can just contribute by being NHL players it will significantly help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad