Prospect Info: Round 4, 110th Overall - Brian Zanetti (D) - HC Lugano -- 6'2", 172 pounds

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Discuss

Jul15ZanettiSigning-730x428.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Didn't watch him. Their scouts must have seen something they like in him, maybe in international play. Was supposed to play in Peterborough this year. Maybe he would have been higher rated if the season weren't canceled.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He was really productive in his D-1 year. The production was pretty much the same this year though in the same league.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
The Black Book had him at 108. hockey sense 5, Compete 6, Skill 5, Skating 6.
There report kind of questions his offensive upside, but they really like his defense and physicality.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So is this guy a Canadian who went overseas this year or is he Swiss and coming via import draft?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Well, the good news is I have the Canada-Switzerland u18 game to watch him closely. Where his team got outshot 37-12. Maybe the Flyers were impressed by his d-zone play?
I think I deleted that one and the Belarus one. Have Finland games.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Brian+Zanetti-+Philadelphia+Flyers.jpeg

Some bio info:

Countdown to the 2021 NHL Draft: Brian Zanetti – Peterborough Petes

Zanetti, a 6’2”, 172lbs defenceman, played for HC Lugano U-20 Elite in Switzerland for the 2020-21 season. The 2003-born Swiss blue liner recorded 9 goals and 20 assists for 29 points in 41 games during the 2020-21 campaign. A very impressive scoring season for a young d-man.

2-Way Defenceman:
Having size in the game of hockey can be a big advantage to a player if used correctly, and according to Petes GM Michael Oke, Zanetti does exactly that. Zanetti uses his large frame to battle in the corners of the defensive zone and helps lull an opposing team’s cycle. He has the ability to stop the opposition’s attack before his team gets tired chasing the puck in their defensive zone. By thwarting opposing scoring chances, he provides his team valuable stability on the back end. The 6’2 d-man is also able to make the most of his long reach. He has a very good stick in both the neutral and defensive zone, and can make opposing forwards lose track of the puck on the rush. He chooses the right times to jump up in the play, causing turnovers for the other team and creating odd man rushes for his line.

Skating and Hockey IQ:
The Petes scouting department was very impressed with Zanetti’s skating abilities ahead of the 2020 CHL Import Draft. The smooth skating defenceman relies on his edgework, combined with his hockey IQ, to escape dangerous situations in the defensive zone. He has the impressive capability of being able to skate the puck out of the defensive zone for easy transitions. He sees the ice very well and uses his long stride and great first pass to impact the game in a positive way. When all of these traits are being leveraged, Zanetti becomes a dangerous player in all three zones of the ice.​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad