Prospect Info: Round 4, 103rd overall: Cole Knuble, C, Fargo (USHL) -> Notre Dame

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
His dad was a very late bloomer. We'll see about his kid!
His dad was a slow as {insert the slowest thing you can think of here}. His dad was a late bloomer, but the game he played does not translate to today's NHL. If Cole's game is similar, then this is the perfect Flyers pick. If you can't skate up ice then you can't get caught out of position

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He was top 100 on THE LIST last year. Two straight years of good production at the USHL level. Captained the US WJAC team and led them in scoring. Going to Notre Dame which hasn't produced much talent lately, but should get ice time in the best conference. Outside chance to make the US WJC team next year but that team is STACKED.

Players like this are why you should draft young, good scoring ES players from the USHL in the 7th round instead of 3rd year players from the Q who score 5 whole points. You get 4-5 years to get ROI on your investment and don't have to use a 4th round pick on them the following year.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Ex-Flyer son.

FlickeringFaithfulAsiandamselfly-max-1mb.gif

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Ultimately the draft pick has to be able to play hockey, but I’d think an “in” or familiarity otherwise that would ease a transition is a good thing, no? Briere isn’t like what came before in many ways, so because it’s miserable to do otherwise I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
It's definitely the most "Flyers" pick of the draft. He went about where he was ranked, so I highly doubt anything funny is going on here, but it's still a classic Flyers move. Interesting that he doesn't have his father's size, so I'm pretty curious what his game is actually like.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Players like this are why you should draft young, good scoring ES players from the USHL in the 7th round instead of 3rd year players from the Q who score 5 whole points. You get 4-5 years to get ROI on your investment and don't have to use a 4th round pick on them the following year.
In his press conference today Flahr said they had him on their board last year but didn't think he was a good enough skater and that he improved this year and joked that maybe they should have just taken him. Ya Brent. :laugh:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
His dad was a slow as {insert the slowest thing you can think of here}. His dad was a late bloomer, but the game he played does not translate to today's NHL. If Cole's game is similar, then this is the perfect Flyers pick. If you can't skate up ice then you can't get caught out of position
Derian Hatcher?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You guys should keep an eye for the 2024 draft (since you're rebuilding and all) on Knuble's line-mate from last season Mac Swanson.

Not saying Knuble is bad or didn't deserve to be drafted (I think he should've been drafted last year!), but I think Swanson got him drafted finally. Knuble calls him the best passer he's ever played with. He's a magician, but very small (only 5'7).

NHL teams tend to like to go back to the well of teams that their prior draft picks play for. If you guys pick Swanson next year, you heard it here first.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You guys should keep an eye for the 2024 draft (since you're rebuilding and all) on Knuble's line-mate from last season Mac Swanson.

Not saying Knuble is bad or didn't deserve to be drafted (I think he should've been drafted last year!), but I think Swanson got him drafted finally. Knuble calls him the best passer he's ever played with. He's a magician, but very small (only 5'7).

NHL teams tend to like to go back to the well of teams that their prior draft picks play for. If you guys pick Swanson next year, you heard it here first.

The funny thing is, they aren't actually rebuilding. They don't understand what a rebuild is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They took Gendron with that 7th rd pick, bet on an overage CHL skilled player.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
At least he's not as bad as a pick as Nick Luukko, who I believe wasn't even ranked, and the Flyers admitted they only drafted him as a favour to his father who worked for the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad