Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 69: Devin Kaplan, RW, USNTDP -> Boston University

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
A college kid from Jersey won't have a problem attending flyers prospect camp without violating NCAA rules. Whatever issues they see they should be able to get them worked out in House.
I see a ton of upside with this pick

Reactions: hystyk1921

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Devin Kaplan's video clips are impressive. Surprised he dropped to 69. I suppose he doesn't have a sexy offensive upside, but man he is strong on the boards and in transition. Seems to have a great motor.

Reactions: captainpaxil

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I noticed Smaht had him ranked considerably higher which gives some hope. Although if the tweet above is accurate and he's not a good skater it goes back to feeling more-of-samey.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I noticed Smaht had him ranked considerably higher which gives some hope. Although if the tweet above is accurate and he's not a good skater it goes back to feeling more-of-samey.

We’ll see. Skating is important but there still are some guys in the league that make an impact in spite of not being plus skaters. These guys usually have other legitimate traits to hang their hat on to mitigate it. Jason Robertson for example is one of them.

I’m not saying Kaplan will reach that level but it does sound like he does have some other legitimate traits to hang his hat on too. So with more develop maybe he could pan out to something noteworthy. So even with the skating concerns there still is a plausible pathway.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Jesus H Christ, they are still using #BringItToBroad?

Every team in the league #BroughtItToBroad last season and usually left with a W
I don’t recall with certainty if when people used that hashtag in the past if the Flyers logo showed up. The fact that it didn’t there tells me that they are no longer using it.

It’s not like Patrick Bacon works for the Flyers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t recall with certainty if when people used that hashtag in the past if the Flyers logo showed up. The fact that it didn’t there tells me that they are no longer using it.

It’s not like Patrick Bacon works for the Flyers.

You cannot convince me that a real person named Patrick Bacon even exists

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Jesus H Christ, they are still using #BringItToBroad?

Every team in the league #BroughtItToBroad last season and usually left with a W
Only thing they need to bring to broad are these guys
flo%20for%20web%20copy.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kaplan looks like a Lindblom type gamble, that is, if he fills out and improves his skating technique, the rest of the skill package could make him a steal, if he doesn't, it's more like Strome, everything but the ability to skate.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I absolutely loved this pick, this is who I wanted, I actually like him better than cutter and see this dude as a top 6 rw, he's a fantastic player, he's got good offensive awareness and a great eye for passing, he's exceptionally great in transition, and has really good lateral speed for a player his size, just wait, he's going to end up being a damn good player for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad