Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 69: Devin Kaplan, RW, USNTDP -> Boston University

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
And our oh boy O'Brien.
Who?

I absolutely loved this pick, this is who I wanted, I actually like him better than cutter and see this dude as a top 6 rw, he's a fantastic player, he's got good offensive awareness and a great eye for passing, he's exceptionally great in transition, and has really good lateral speed for a player his size, just wait, he's going to end up being a damn good player for us
Not so sure with top 6. He will have a good year in college.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Power forward prospect Devin Kaplan, who is coming off a strong freshman season at Boston University and will be at the USA Hockey World Junior Championships Showcase later this month, paid his own way to be eligible to attend the Flyers Development Camp again this year (as required by NCAA rules for a player tor attend a second Dev Camp with the same team). On Wednesday, he discussed the adjustments he made to become a "Swiss Army knife" during his collegiate freshman season and specific drills at camp that have been helpful. Kaplan is a good north-south skater but is still working on edgework and angling. He's number one asset remains his physical strength and heaviness on the puck.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
How much exactly is 'paying your own way' for this thing? They just talking about needing to cover your own travel and lodging or is the NCAA saying this constitutes some type of private skills camp and charges a fee for that?

If its just lodging/travel I could see it not being a big deal for this guy since he's from North Jersey.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
How much exactly is 'paying your own way' for this thing? They just talking about needing to cover your own travel and lodging or is the NCAA saying this constitutes some type of private skills camp and charges a fee for that?

If its just lodging/travel I could see it not being a big deal for this guy since he's from North Jersey.
Ice time rental, food, lodging, transportation, medical, insurance, etc.

He is from New Jersey so his food, lodging, and transportation could be covered easily if he was staying at home -- that is allowed. I don't know how much the ice time rental would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad