Post-Game Talk: Round 3, Game 2: Can the Rangers break the streak?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Torts barred players from tweeting, then proceeded to embarrass the organization and himself every time he talked to the media.

AV is truly a breath of fresh air. He took to heart some hard lessons learned in VAN, and we're reaping the rewards.

I must say that I was a little shocked when they fired Torts. It took me a while to understand the reasoning, but the Rangers knew what had to be done.

The organization was headed in a bad direction and there was an opportunity in AV coming available. The Rangers jumped at it.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
You know who 'we' is. This is the Rangers board.

There is no luxury being up 2-0. If the players took that mentality over the one I proposed, you're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

We absolutely have to win game 3. Going up 3-0 puts your foot on the throat of the opponent.

Going 2-1 in a series changes everything.

It's all about momentum in a series, if you hand momentum over to a team that can be the thing they exploit that ultimately kills you.

Nothing is even close to being over yet. Everyone needs to remain cautious here.

By that definition, in any series, every game is considered a "must win"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
By that definition, in any series, every game is considered a "must win"?

Because people can't handle the emotional ups and downs they deem every game a "must win".

Players and coaches prepare for games one at a time in a methodical process, that poster isn't giving any groundbreaking insight, it's rhetoric. Momentum can change from shift to shift it's important in game, but nothing more than a talking point between games.

The only "must win" games are elimination games and that is a reality, however, it would be nice to go up 3-0 and not let them back in the series. Which I think is totally possible the way we've been playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad