Round #3 Dates

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Just posted in the other thread on this very topic. Here's a cross-post:
==================

Knights are 5-1 in the playoffs when I've been in the building (T-Mobile or Staples Center). I think this means I need to be there for a bunch of games during Round 3. :)

Haven't wrapped my mind around whether I'd rather see them face Nashville or the Jets (impulse is the Jets), but I sure would like to see Nashville win Monday night to force a 7th game to give the Knights a bit more rest relative to the competition -- especially if they are two tenacious games.

Quick thoughts on Round 3 dates?

Seems like we might have these scenarios:
a. Earliest possible: May 9th (WPG wins Monday *and* WSH wins as well);
b. May 10th: PIT wins Monday and WSH-PIT play again May 9th; WPG wins Monday to end the series;
c. May 12th: NSH wins Monday to force a game 7 (May 10th); you figure they'd get at least ONE day of rest. In this case, the outcome of WSH/PIT in Game 6 may not matter.​

The above assumes one day of rest after the last of the Western Conference games. There could be more rest, arena conflicts, or other issues.

Assuming one day of rest between all games:
(a) would mean the first games at the earliest T-Mobile on May 13th/15th (Sun/Tues);
(b) May 14th/16th (Mon/Wed);
(c) May 18th/20th (Fri/Sun).​

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
If Winnepeg wins, either game 1 or 2 will be on Saturday. Game 3 or 4 would also be on Saturday so there will probably be an extra day off between games 2 and 3.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Here you go:

Very surprising, because the arena in Winnipeg is booked on 5/20 for a Queens of the Stone Age concert.

game 5 is at 3PM since the NBA will have a game that day for their conference finals and they don't want to run into a ratings problem.

The concert could be later in the day, hence the 3PM start.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
game 5 is at 3PM since the NBA will have a game that day for their conference finals and they don't want to run into a ratings problem.

The concert could be later in the day, hence the 3PM start.

Concert is listed as: Doors at 7, show at 8. That game will start at 2:00 local time, and they've been blocking off the streets for these playoff games due to the overwhelming amount of fans who come to cheer them on. If the game doesn't go to overtime, that's only going to give the crew about 2 hours to cover up the ice and bring in all of the band's equipment/lights/etc, meanwhile the QOTSA fans coming in are going to have to navigate an absolute mess downtown. I was just there in November to see a Jets game - that area around the arena is very small and compact. That day could be a logistical nightmare, let alone if the game goes to Overtime.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Concert is listed as: Doors at 7, show at 8. That game will start at 2:00 local time, and they've been blocking off the streets for these playoff games due to the overwhelming amount of fans who come to cheer them on. If the game doesn't go to overtime, that's only going to give the crew about 2 hours to cover up the ice and bring in all of the band's equipment/lights/etc, meanwhile the QOTSA fans coming in are going to have to navigate an absolute mess downtown. I was just there in November to see a Jets game - that area around the arena is very small and compact. That day could be a logistical nightmare, let alone if the game goes to Overtime.

Problem averted if the Preds win Thursday....

Reactions: Igright

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What they deserve for booking shows at this time of year, they bring it upon themselves. Is Winnipeg ever going to be a serious hockey town or what??? :D

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
What they deserve for booking shows at this time of year, they bring it upon themselves. Is Winnipeg ever going to be a serious hockey town or what??? :D
Obviously they didn't expect the Jets to play at that time of year.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I come in peace...

Hey we come to vegas a lot and have been to 3 games there. It's a great atmosphere! We are going to be there May 18 and man the ticket prices are out of reach... Just wondering if there is a cool place to go on the strip where there are tons of fans / formal watch party. I know the park srea pretty well because we stay at Aria mostly, so JW what bars would be a cool hang out.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I come in peace...

Hey we come to vegas a lot and have been to 3 games there. It's a great atmosphere! We are going to be there May 18 and man the ticket prices are out of reach... Just wondering if there is a cool place to go on the strip where there are tons of fans / formal watch party. I know the park srea pretty well because we stay at Aria mostly, so JW what bars would be a cool hang out.

The team usually announces watch parties for away games, not home games. Curious if that changes for the WCFs. There will probably be a decent amount of people at the Park who can't get into the game.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I come in peace...

Head to the Park and stalk StubHub. I talked with someone who got a real cheap last minute ticket.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Obviously they didn't expect the Jets to play at that time of year.

And they've got a business to run, and dates to fill - I don't fault them one bit.

I was talking to a friend of mine who's familiar with how arenas work for wrestling shows and said concerts are the same - if the Jets win tomorrow, that QOTSA concert will have to be re-scheduled, because there's no way to have them both on the same day. I'd just be curious to see if they'll wait to see if the series ends in a sweep first before postponing the concert.

Reactions: Igright

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well crap. And double crap. I'm gonna be out of town and will likely miss all but games 1/2 and the seventh game, if necessary. :facepalm:
You need to show commitment to the team... cancel your trip, lock your family in a cupboard, quit your job, escape from prison, do what you must.... this playoffs we fans must be on our A game too.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
You need to show commitment to the team... cancel your trip, lock your family in a cupboard, quit your job, escape from prison, do what you must.... this playoffs we fans must be on our A game too.
Wish I could. My nephew is graduating high school, and it hasn't been easy for him. Also, he recently became an American citizen, so it's all kind of a big deal that I can't miss.

Killed me when I saw the playoff schedule, as I'll be flying (cheap airline sans WiFi) as two of the games are being played, and my nephew's graduation ceremony will be taking place at the same time as another game! I'll be checking scores, of course, during the ceremony, but I've promised I won't stand up and shout "YES!" when Eakin stuffs one into the net. I have, however, been known to break a promise or two at times. :laugh:

Gotta find a way to watch the games when I can. My sister-in-law doesn't do sports, so she has no idea if she has the NBCSN or not on her cable/dish or whatever she has.

How do you stream the games? NBC? Free? I don't want to have to pay for something I'm only gonna use for a short time.

Last resort I'll have to find a sports bar that might be willing to show our games. I'll be in Lightning territory, so I imagine there's gonna be some interest in our series.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Wish I could. My nephew is graduating high school, and it hasn't been easy for him. Also, he recently became an American citizen, so it's all kind of a big deal that I can't miss.

Killed me when I saw the playoff schedule, as I'll be flying (cheap airline sans WiFi) as two of the games are being played, and my nephew's graduation ceremony will be taking place at the same time as another game! I'll be checking scores, of course, during the ceremony, but I've promised I won't stand up and shout "YES!" when Eakin stuffs one into the net. I have, however, been known to break a promise or two at times. :laugh:

Gotta find a way to watch the games when I can. My sister-in-law doesn't do sports, so she has no idea if she has the NBCSN or not on her cable/dish or whatever she has.

How do you stream the games? NBC? Free? I don't want to have to pay for something I'm only gonna use for a short time.

Last resort I'll have to find a sports bar that might be willing to show our games. I'll be in Lightning territory, so I imagine there's gonna be some interest in our series.
Well I guess when you put it like I can understand... when flying get you pilot to fly really really low so you can log on to people’s wifi as you knock the chimneys off their houses. At the graduation get their nice and early take control of the computer controlling the big screen and stream the game during the ceremony lol and while you promised not to yell yes you didn’t promise not to scream “flower” and “wild bill” at random intervals lol

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Well I guess when you put it like I can understand... when flying get you pilot to fly really really low so you can log on to people’s wifi as you knock the chimneys off their houses. At the graduation get their nice and early take control of the computer controlling the big screen and stream the game during the ceremony lol and while you promised not to yell yes you didn’t promise not to scream “flower” and “wild bill” at random intervals lol
Whatever it takes! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I hate weekend games.... here I am talking about commitment and I’m likely to miss some to all of game 1 because I’m taking mom out for mother’s day lunch

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I have a birthday party at a friend's house on Saturday, but he's a Knights fan so we'll probably have the game on.
I'm filling in as the guest host of the Puck Podcast and we're recording Monday night, so I'll miss virtually all of Game 2.
We're screening DEADPOOL 2 at my work on Sunday the 20th, so I'll have to watch Game 5 on the DVR.

In other news, Winnipeg is working on rescheduling the QOTSA concert:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
You're a good son. :thumbu:
Am I still a good son if I considered dumping her in a freezer for a few hours so I could still watch the game hahahahaha.

Hopefully the team takes our absence as motivation “these guys can’t watch our game? Lets play the greatest game in the history of hockey and they will be gutted they missed it... that’ll teach them for putting their families first”

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

I have a really good site for streams if it comes to that. Works on laptops, not phones. PM me if you need it.

:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad