Series Talk: Round 2- Vegas Golden Knights

Who will win?

• Total voters

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The only time this year Vegas really gave the Avs a bit of a beating was when they beat us 5-2 on April 29th.

In that game, Dubnyk started, and the Avs were missing Rantanen, Donskoi, and Saad due to Covid and injuries.

We're the better team. The faster team. The more skilled team. Play like we can play, and this series wont go 7 games it'll be Avs in 6, maybe even 5. Vegas doesn't have the top talent or the depth we have.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
God this is the one team we could really use Kadri...

One could also argue its the one team left where losing Kadri doesn't hurt us a complete tonne.

Vegas has probably the weakest Center depth of all remaining teams in the league. Even without Naz I like our 4 guys down the middle more than Vegas.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Probably the toughest match up to get for a second round opponent next to Tampa for Carolina. If only the Avs could play the Jets or Toronto right now eh lol. Knights in 3.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is one of those odd seasons where the second round hockey will definitely be better than the 1st round. I do think the first round in the NHL is best because you have constant upsets and teams believing they have a chance. Because of that, the second doesn't really provide the best on opponents and how some teams can sweep in the second compared to the previous round, though this year is clearly not the case.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Aves over the Nites in 1.5 games. Kadri uses his Get Out of Jail Free card, then steals the wheels off of Vegas' jet so they have to walk to Colorado and their whole team dies of exhaustion halfway into the second game, triggering an automatic forfeit.

Reactions: Bensch88

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Fully expecting the Avs to win this series, but not expecting a cake walk.

That said, I don't want to see anyone actually scared of this team - especially Ryan Reaves. A guy that plays 6-7 minutes per game and spends more time on the bench trash talking than he does contributing shouldn't scare a single person.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I hedged last time and took Avs in 7, overestimating the Blues. This time, after watching the Avs dismantle the Blues, who play a similar style of game, I say Avs in six. The only thing that gives me pause on that is MAF, but f*** it, Avs in six and LFG mother f***ers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad