Series Talk: Round 2: Vegas Golden Knights Vs. Oilers

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Hey, since you guys won and are feeling better about things than they are in Edmonton, I'm wondering if someone can answer a rules question from last nights game? Mid way through the 2nd Hyman took the interference penalty and so EDM was down a man, 5 on 4. Then Eichel and Kane had the matching minors about halfway through the VGK PP. Shouldn't that have been a 4 on 3 situation for the remaining time on VGK's PP? Has that rule been changed? Thanks and good luck the rest of the way.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Winnipeg was cheapshotting him too. The cross check after he scored was the only thing I noticed that was in penalty territory last night. You know a player has a certain injury of course you're going to target it.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Hey, since you guys won and are feeling better about things than they are in Edmonton, I'm wondering if someone can answer a rules question from last nights game? Mid way through the 2nd Hyman took the interference penalty and so EDM was down a man, 5 on 4. Then Eichel and Kane had the matching minors about halfway through the VGK PP. Shouldn't that have been a 4 on 3 situation for the remaining time on VGK's PP? Has that rule been changed? Thanks and good luck the rest of the way.
Coincidental minors only affect the number of people on ice if they happen at 5 on 5 and then only one set of CM will affect the manpower. Any other times the players sit in the box and feel shame all by themselves and wait until the first whistle after their 2 minutes are up.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Coincidental minors only affect the number of people on ice if they happen at 5 on 5 and then only one set of CM will affect the manpower. Any other times the players sit in the box and feel shame all by themselves and wait until the first whistle after their 2 minutes are up.
OK, thanks. So, just to be clear, the only way a 4 on 3 can occur is if all of the penalties that would lead to that situation are non-coincidental, right?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
OK, thanks. So, just to be clear, the only way a 4 on 3 can occur is if all of the penalties that would lead to that situation are non-coincidental, right?
Guess it depends at 5 on 5 I believe it is somewhat discretionary if coincidentals are a manpower penalty causing 4 on 4 and then it's just a minor. But once a minor is called coincidentals don't change the on ice manpower.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
The first 2 could be coincidental making it 4 on 4, then another single penalty would make it 4 on 3. CM at 5 on 5 always result in 4 on 4 since they changed rule they wrote to stop the early 80 Oilers from taking CM to play 4 on 4 with Gretzky, Kurri, etc.

Reactions: Bartleby

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
You have to wonder what was going through Pietrangelos mind to do that to arguably the second best player in the nhl.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Please take care of business tomorrow, Edmonton has a thread dedicated to hurting Vegas players. You know what to do! Go Knights Go

Reactions: WhataKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad