Post-Game Talk: ROUND 2 | SENS vs RANGERS | GAME 4 | Breathe in | Breathe out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I thought Harpur would have some Cowen temperament in him (before he quit on the team) but it might be more Wiercioch instead

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Again you still seem to not understand ,our issue hasnt been our blueline .In fact without its very solid play all season long we dont make the playoffs .

It has been the forwards ,they are probably the worst group of forwards at actually working the puck in the offensive zone .We dont have any board men up front that can help open up the skill.Our size up front is too slow ,and our skill is too soft and small .

Our defense has too defend far too much ,which leads to issues.And makes you think you actually believe what you are talking about when you say.Ceci is the problem

Our blueline has to be effective T actually getting the puck to the forwards. Only one guy does that

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
The only good qualities Neil possesses are intangible measurements that don't put the puck in the net like "grit", "toughness", and the 2 mentioned above.

Can bring intimidation, physicality, and energy to the team. He's also a leader and been through many rounds in the playoffs. Listen before games 3 and 4 I would never have thought this, but the sens need some physicality right now.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Our blueline has to be effective T actually getting the puck to the forwards. Only one guy does that
Yeah ,our defense has to do everything for our forwards .For them to do nothing.Ceci hasnt been an issue.And you are looking silly for thinking this .It has been the forwards all season long

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Can bring intimidation, physicality, and energy to the team. He's also a leader and been through many rounds in the playoffs. Listen before games 3 and 4 I would never have thought this, but the sens need some physicality right now.

How do we know he is "a leader"?? Maybe everyone hates him. Has anyone on the team ever spoken directly about how Neil positively affects their performance?

I feel like more of the current players probably would roll their eyes at Neil doing what he used to do. That's not leadership.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You take out those 2 the avg is 25 which would make them the 7th youngest.

Take out the two oldest guys on any team and the average age will drop alot. Holy crap, talk about jumping through hoops here.

I know you love the team and want to defend them, but at least have an argument that makes sense. The Sens are not young. We are in 'win now' mode and got a bunch of 30somethings added to the roster this year. We're not a kiddie team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The only fighting we need right now, is for possession of the puck in the O zone .They are just owning us down low ,and the just keep their speed up high to counter our defense:nod:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We have the team we have... Who ever is in the lineup has to play harder and execute better. The team played too soft the last 2 games ... NYR have upped their game.. They clearly were the better team. Sens have to match the intensity and desire to win and they have to execute much better. We need to put more pressure on their D... they get too many easy exits. As a team the Sens have not been hard enough to play against and they have to up their pace a lot to compete. We are not made to crash and bang teams into submission but we still need to finish our checks and be tenacious limiting time and space every shift.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
How do we know he is "a leader"?? Maybe everyone hates him. Has anyone on the team ever spoken directly about how Neil positively affects their performance?

I feel like more of the current players probably would roll their eyes at Neil doing what he used to do. That's not leadership.

Guys in the league respect someone who has had a career like Chris. Funny how everybody ***** on a guy with over 1000 games in the league, and who has been a warrior.

He's still been practicing everyday. If tanner glass can bring positives to the rangers you cant simply discount what Neil can bring.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I said Sens in 7 and I'm sticking with it.. The 2 recent 3pm Saturday playoff games we played Boston and Nrw York were all time best Sens playoff comeback wins.. I believe... Do u?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We have the team we have... Who ever is in the lineup has to play harder and execute better. The team played too soft the last 2 games ... NYR have upped their game.. They clearly were the better team. Sens have to match the intensity and desire to win and they have to execute much better. We need to put more pressure on their D... they get too many easy exits. As a team the Sens have not been hard enough to play against and they have to up their pace a lot to compete. We are not made to crash and bang teams into submission but we still need to finish our checks and be tenacious limiting time and space every shift.
Our forwards dont match our blueline .The defense has done far too much heavy lifting all season long

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Guys in the league respect someone who has had a career like Chris. Funny how everybody ***** on a guy with over 1000 games in the league, and who has been a warrior.

He's still been practicing everyday. If tanner glass can bring positives to the rangers you cant simply discount what Neil can bring.

How many "guys in the league" do you know? No one is **** on Neil, just stating the obvious. I don't think he has had a positive affect on any of the 30 or so games he has played this year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I said Sens in 7 and I'm sticking with it.. The 2 recent 3pm Saturday playoff games we played Boston and Nrw York were all time best Sens playoff comeback wins.. I believe... Do u?

I believe. We can easily win this series in 6. They aren't a perfect team. They have weaknesses we can expose, but Andy from Florida has to settle down and handle the pressure better, he's playing well but he doesn't look calm. He needs to grab Bud-light, put his golfing visor and flip flops on and win us the game. He's been bailing out this club since the day he got here, it's a lot to ask, but we've asked it if him since we pulled the trigger in the trade. He can do it, and he will. He just needs to bring the sunshine to a rainy Ottawa on Saturday, like he always does

This group has a ton of heart. They don't have to play desperate, they just have to play well.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
How many "guys in the league" do you know? No one is **** on Neil, just stating the obvious. I don't think he has had a positive affect on any of the 30 or so games he has played this year.

Its been stated many many times by guys on this team, the radio guys that follow the team, etc that Neil is a respected player on this team.

Is that hard to imagine?

How many games in the regular season did Glass impact?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Its been stated many many times by guys on this team, the radio guys that follow the team, etc that Neil is a respected player on this team.

Is that hard to imagine?

I don't even remember the last time he threw a bone crunching momentum changing hit.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Is that hard to imagine?

The radio guys are not the guys you should be listening to for informative hockey analysis, neither am I, but if you think Steve Warne is a great source of hockey opinion, you may need to start looking somewhere else. Don't start with the HNIC panel either.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I believe. We can easily win this series in 6. They aren't a perfect team. They have weaknesses we can expose, but Andy from Florida has to settle down and handle the pressure better, he's playing well but he doesn't look calm. He needs to grab Bud-light, put his golfing visor and flip flops on and win us the game. He's been bailing out this club since the day he got here, it's a lot to ask, but we've asked it if him since we pulled the trigger in the trade. He can do it, and he will. He just needs to bring the sunshine to a rainy Ottawa on Saturday, like he always does

This group has a ton of heart. They don't have to play desperate, they just have to play well.

He needs to be better but can he in this series??
Another .850% performance yesterday
Whats wrong with him???
Also Stone .....

GO SENS GO

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I think it's far from over. Look at Rangers fans, they keep talking about how sometimes the Rangers show up, and sometimes they don't. Now I can see why. It's not because the Ranger "don't show up", it's because their style of play relies on confidence and momentum. Their style relies on speed on the counter. It can be intimidating. Once you start to doubt yourself, you hesitate, and once you hesitate, they'll burn you even harder, and it's just a vicious circle, and it's impossible to get momentum back. The Rangers are very beatable, we just need a spark and some momentum going our way, getting the first goal tomorrow is going to be HUGE.

edit: The more I think about it, I think we should insert Neil, and Boro if he's ready. We just need a confidence/morale boost more than anything right now. We're a good team, we're way better than we showed in games 3/4.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Absolutely. Harpur a very close third.

I thought Harper was fine the first two games on Ottawa ice (not great, but acceptable considering the circumstances), but holy hell did the Rangers ever take advantage of last line change with their home ice advantage and consistently create horrible mismatches to take advantage of him in the New York games.

I have a feeling, assuming he's still in the lineup, that he'll be better in Game 5 specifically due to the fact that we would have last change and would be better able to manage his minutes.

Still not a strong sign, though. Never thought I'd say this, but I hope Boro gets healthy soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad