Post-Game Talk: ROUND 2 | SENS vs RANGERS | GAME 4 | Breathe in | Breathe out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Turris getting awfully close to that group as well.

I'd lump him in there as well. He seems really off and this is not exclusive to just the playoffs either, he was off in the regular season as well. I don't know what it is. He is making some really head scratching decisions, not to mention he is extremely weak along the boards and gets pushed off way too easily.

I'd be open to see what he could fetch in a package or if we could get a much bigger/stronger centre to push him down the lineup.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Meh ,these losses arent on the defense at all.They dont even have to pass the zamboni in the NY zone :nod:

There have been a number of NYR goals scored on breakaways and odd man advantages where the defensemen have not done their job. Plus the NYR forwards are having an easy time in the Ottawa D zone. So, the D are not free of criticism.

I agree the forwards are not doing enough offensively and are a major part of the problem, along with the NYR solving the Boucher system.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He needs to be better but can he in this series??
Another .850% performance yesterday
Whats wrong with him???
Also Stone .....

GO SENS GO

There's nothing wrong with him, he's stopping 10 breakaways a game and was killing penalties for the club basically all game. Let's give him some credit. If Hammond, Eliot or Gerber were in the net the series would be 3-1.

He's our 2nd best player, he needs to be our best for the next 2 games, he just has to be himself, that's all. He wins us games single handedly all of he time, he'll do it Saturday.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
There's nothing wrong with him, he's stopping 10 breakaways a game and was killing penalties for the club basically all game. Let's give him some credit. If Hammond, Eliot or Gerber were in the net the series would be 3-1.

He's our 2nd best player, he needs to be our best for the next 2 games, he just has to be himself, that's all. He wins us games single handedly all of he time, he'll do it Saturday.

I always said it. Anderson, most of the time, is making a lot of huge save per game.

But he often allow a weak one.

But of course, credit for keeping us in the game, because he did. But that 3rd goal or other are deflated..

It's like you play your best game of your life, just before you are the one making the big mistake. We remember the bad unfortunately.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I am thinking this through. Ottawa is getting beat up like they used to by those old Leafs teams. So no one here thinks that the crowd at home and this team as a whole will get a big boost with Neil running around and hammering whatever Ranger he sees? The fans will blow the roof off this place the second he nails someone with a vicious hit. Enough with this turn the other cheek nonsense. The Rangers have destroyed the so called 'Kanata Wall' and in the process, rattled Ottawa to its core. There's absolutely no reason to think they're going to change their game plan in Ottawa.

If not, that's fine. Karlsson will continue to get hammered by the Rangers any opportunity they can and we'll just ask Kyle Turris to go and fight anyone out there. the Rangers will leave every game with a smirk knowing they can do whatever they want out there and there's no one on Ottawa that can do a damn thing about it

OHNOclowe

The Thread Killer
Feb 21, 2009
I actually can't believe how ungracious the Rangers fans are being. After being down 0-2 they were ready to string everyone up on their team. Not to mention they're pumping up the notion of the sloppy seconds chant, which was an embarrassment in itself.

There's no point dwelling on it because the sens have been that bad. As a fan I would be appreciative of an evenly matched effort. I don't want karma at this point, just some compete. Frustrating.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I always said it. Anderson, most of the time, is making a lot of huge save per game.

But he often allow a weak one.

But of course, credit for keeping us in the game, because he did. But that 3rd goal or other are deflated..

It's like you play your best game of your life, just before you are the one making the big mistake. We remember the bad unfortunately.

Everyone needs to step up, play with confidence and play better, but Andy isn't the problem, at all.

How about the skaters get some net front presence and the D when they pinch actually win a puck battle. We do that and we win, Andy will be there for the big saves

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So no one here thinks that the crowd at home and this team as a whole will get a big boost with Neil running around and hammering whatever Ranger he sees?

Here's a question for you: do you think he is still capable of doing this effectively?

No one doubts the fact that 33 year old Chris Neil was one of the best of his generation at it. The problem is we have 38 year old Neil right now. He has a lot of hard miles on him, and he's not the player he was even a few years ago.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Everyone needs to step up, play with confidence and play better, but Andy isn't the problem, at all.

How about the skaters get some net front presence and the D when they pinch actually win a puck battle. We do that and we win, Andy will be there for the big saves

How can you say everyone needs to step up but absolve Anderson of any fault? He has not been good this playoffs.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
How can you say everyone needs to step up but absolve Anderson of any fault? He has not been good this playoffs.

Does Lunqvist look good to you? Sure he does, 2 goals allowed in 2 wins. Let me send our 5 best forwards on breakaways in the first period and we'll see how good Lunqvist is. How can you andy hasn't been good when he's been shelled for 100 straight minutes of hockey?

Any goalie in the world would lose these games if they played for Ottawa. Andys not the problem, our 29 skaters got pumped last night, let's see them play a solid game and I'll judge Andy off of that

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Does Lunqvist look good to you? Sure he does, 2 goals allowed in 2 wins. Let me send our 5 best forwards on breakaways in the first period and we'll see how good Lunqvist is. How can you andy hasn't been good when he's been shelled for 100 straight minutes of hockey?

Any goalie in the world would lose these games if they played for Ottawa. Andys not the problem, our 29 skaters got pumped last night, let's see them play a solid game and I'll judge Andy off of that

Have you missed the goals and chances against where he plays the puck? Or is it the forwards/defenceman responsibility to play the puck for him?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Have you missed the goals and chances against where he plays the puck? Or is it the forwards/defenceman responsibility to play the puck for him?

Yes I have seen them, he's just trying to help but he's doing to much, he'll be there when we get our game together, of the 20 guys who took the ice yesterday, he's the least of my worries followed but condon.

I'll judge him when we play well. If we play well and he loses, I'll eat crow. But if we play well, we'll win because Andy will outplay Lunqvist - that's what I believe

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Why is lindqvist brought up when talking about Andy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Andy is A problem. I agree not THE problem

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Here's a question for you: do you think he is still capable of doing this effectively?

No one doubts the fact that 33 year old Chris Neil was one of the best of his generation at it. The problem is we have 38 year old Neil right now. He has a lot of hard miles on him, and he's not the player he was even a few years ago.

I guess the one thing (or maybe few technically) you could say in his favour is that he has always kept himself in shape, is probably pretty fresh for his age given the lack of minutes played and could probably get a boost of energy from the adrenaline of stepping into a playoff game after not playing for so long.
I'm not saying it would work and I was initially opposed to Neil factoring in the lineup under any circumstance, but we have been embarrassed these past two games, and who knows, he just might be fresh enough to make an impact if only for a game or two. And that game or two could just be enough to send us to the next round.
Just to emphasize that he would obviously just have a limited effect as a support player, I don't magically expect a 38 year old Chris Neil of all players to magically put the team on his back and give us 6 straight wins to reach the cup final.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

He has made numerous key saves on braindead structural mishaps by our defence and forwards but let's not pretend he hasn't let in some deflating stinkers at bad moments either.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
In fact it is on the avg its one of the youngest if you take out Neil and Kelly.

It's not. Not even close.

Based on the lineups each team dressed in their most recent playoff games, the Sens have the oldest team in the playoffs.

It's pretty eye-opening to look around at the other rosters - comparatively, we have almost no young players in key positions. Nashville's entire top line is under 25. Anaheim dressed 6 defensemen under 26 in their last game! The Oilers didn't use a single player older than 30 in their last game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Can someone explain to me why we burned a year of White's elc?

IMO that was all part of White's negotiation to sign here. He wanted to join Ottawa vs Bingo... It seems they agreed he'd go to Bingo for a stint. If he proved himself , according to the powers that be, he'd get called up and sign , hence burning the year. Dorion and I believe Boucher as well were clear on their belief that it was not fair to White to bring him into a meaningful game when trying to secure a playoff spot or a playoff game. So... they held true to that...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He could still play a huge part in these playoffs, don't give up on this season yet, we are still kicking and White could be a big part of this Cup run

He could, but it doesn't seem like he will get in the lineup. If someone new comes in tomorrow it will be Wingels or Neil. Dorion was asked about it on the radio a while back, and his response was that White will be given a chance one day. It sounded like he was saying now is not Colin White's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad