Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 36, Pascal Laberge, C, Victoriaville (QMJHL)

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
Agreed. There is his ongoing health as a concern but also the possibility that he, like others, alters his style of game out of fear of being clocked like that again. Laughton comes to mind immediately as one whose game went downhill after his injury.

reminds me of
tumblr_mf56g3M8x51r5epdfo1_250.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Other teams fans are going to start freaking if we start pumping out legit forward prospects to go with the D and G.

Love it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Other teams fans are going to start freaking if we start pumping out legit forward prospects to go with the D and G.

Love it.

I don't know what's a more powerful emotion. The joy I get from good things happening to the Flyers or the joy I get from those good things making other fans upset.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't know what's a more powerful emotion. The joy I get from good things happening to the Flyers or the joy I get from those good things making other fans upset.

We really should plan in advance if we're voting Laberge as the #1 NHL prospect in those polls next summer :sarcasm:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Lol...I know.

I am also looking forward to hopefully adding another good D to the stable in next year's draft just to have them drool more at our young D depth.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We really should plan in advance if we're voting Laberge as the #1 NHL prospect in those polls next summer :sarcasm:

Yeah, but this time we need to organize via PM's so there's no trail leading back to us. ;)

I believe the term is "schadenfreudelicious." And I am also looking forward to it

Well there's a word I'll never be able to spell without looking it up. :laugh:

Lol...I know.

I am also looking forward to hopefully adding another good D to the stable in next year's draft just to have them drool more at our young D depth.

There will never be a good Flyers prospect again, at least in their eyes. Everyone we have is a product of Flyers fans over-hyping prospects and everyone else we add in upcoming years will be too.... or at least that's the rational they're using right now because they don't want to accept that our prospect pool legitimately is as good as we've said it is. The best part is certain Leaf fans accusing us of over-hyping our prospects... talk about a lack of self awareness.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Still have high hopes for Laberge.

Me too. He was rated late first round by many, and slipped just a bit, like Ratcliffe did. He's fast, skilled and has scoring touch and character. He's clearly committed to putting in the work to make himself into an NHLer. He's a possible impact player down the line, a big skilled guy something like Lupul was in his best years.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Yeah, but this time we need to organize via PM's so there's no trail leading back to us. ;)

Well there's a word I'll never be able to spell without looking it up. :laugh:

There will never be a good Flyers prospect again, at least in their eyes. Everyone we have is a product of Flyers fans over-hyping prospects and everyone else we add in upcoming years will be too.... or at least that's the rational they're using right now because they don't want to accept that our prospect pool legitimately is as good as we've said it is. The best part is certain Leaf fans accusing us of over-hyping our prospects... talk about a lack of self awareness.

Lol you know that once we are really good bandwagon will start growing and you will get all the, "I was big on Sanheim ever since he was in major junior. Always knew he would make it." Not that much different from random people tooting Ghost's horn last year just to put him down later.

Unless our bandwagon fanbase grows big enough to constantly get into petty arguments I just don't see it happening. I for one will just enjoy more Smantazs/BS tyoes coming out of the woodwork and arguing between each other.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Me too. He was rated late first round by many, and slipped just a bit, like Ratcliffe did. He's fast, skilled and has scoring touch and character. He's clearly committed to putting in the work to make himself into an NHLer. He's a possible impact player down the line, a big skilled guy something like Lupul was in his best years.

Man our prospect pool would look pretty ridiculous had Laberge never suffered the concussion and Rubstov played a full year in the Q.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Good to hear.Laberge adding 15 lbs, man he looks it. I hope he keeps working hard, which I'm sure he will. I was thinking Simon Gagne when we drafted him, but the guys that said Justin Williams, I think are closer to what he could develop into.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Courier-Post blurb

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...right-decision-made-german-rubtsov/810213001/

Pascal Laberge, center, Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)

Height/weight: 6-foot-1, 181 pounds
Draft: 2016 second round (36th overall)
This season: 11 games, 5 goals, 2 assists
The skinny: Selected to play for Quebec’s team in the Canada-Russia series, this is a big season for Laberge. It’s clear the Flyers hoped for more from him last season even though he missed a lot of time with a concussion that came from a predatory hit.
Button’s take: “He’s got a lot of talent, a lot of ability, natural ability. He’s got wild gaps of inconsistency. He gets into stretches of good productive play and he gets into equally long stretches of inconsistent and unproductive play. Whether the injury affects him or doesn’t, I’m not able to speak to that, but I do know this: he has always had consistency issues. Even in his draft year, you knew what you were dealing with. I’ll be quite frank — he would have been a first-round draft pick if he was consistent.”

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Article is in French - from Google Translate:

Victim of a groin injury (tearing of the labrum) in September at the Philadelphia Flyers training camp, Pascal Laberge had to undergo surgery and go through a long rehabilitation for his full-time debut professionals.

Among the main names expected to take the few positions available with the big club, we note those of Nicolas Aubé-Kubel, Joel Farabee, Morgan Frost and Isaac Ratcliffe, a situation that motivates Laberge. "I hope to be in the running. We are not crazy, we sometimes see them circulating (about it). We see the names of the hopes that are considered. When I see that mine is not there, it motivates me a little. So I will try to go under the radar and have a great camp. "

Pascal Laberge motivé à causer la surprise au camp des Flyers - La Nouvelle Union et L'Avenir de l'Érable

Reactions: Flyerfan13

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Yikes, I forgot about him... He’s got the tools in the toolbox, let’s hope he can stay healthy long enough to put it together.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The thing with players like Rubtsov, Laberge and Kase is their development has been slowed by injuries but they've flashed enough talent that they're not flops (yet). So while they're behind their peers (agewise), they can quickly close the gap since they've had time to physically mature and understand what they're supposed to do on the ice - now they need to put it together. But that makes them prime candidates for breakout seasons. Which they may need to keep a roster spot.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Happy trails Pascal Laberge...UFA as of 28th of July no QO.

With all the injuries that Laberge endured and atleast a major concussion he wasn’t nothing more then a bottom line AHL fill in player.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
10 bucks to anyone who can guess wrote this:
This is exactly why the Flyers moving up for Ratcliffe was a good move. They still have extra picks and got a first round talent who slipped into round 2. Once the draft got into the early to mid 40's the talent pool started to drop dramatically and you see teams making some really questionable picks now in the early 50's.

I love this pick. This is a kid who was projected be a first round pick by pretty much everyone. There is no way he was going to slide to 44. I was hoping for a LW with some upside and Ratcliffe will fill that need big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad