GDT: Round 2 of 7: Red Wings @ Lightning | 7:00 PM | Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Howard needs to play better. I don't want to see us run them off the ice only to be down.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I have a feeling this is how I'll be watching this game tonight
ohhgodbaseball.0.0.gif

4-3 Wings
Nyquist (2)
Sheahan
Green

Johnson
Kucherov (2)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I have a feeling this is how I'll be watching this game tonight
ohhgodbaseball.0.0.gif

4-3 Wings
Nyquist (2)
Sheahan
Green

Johnson
Kucherov (2)

Nyquist will get 2 goals when he's had 1 in 12 games. And 3 overall for the playoffs. Intresting

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Nyquist will get 2 goals when he's had 1 in 12 games. And 3 overall for the playoffs. Intresting

Fine
Tampa wins 8-0

If you watched how he played in game 1 rather than look at box scores you'd see the glimmer of hope for some production.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Wings 3 Tampa 5

I expect Larkin to continue to be roughed up and attacked. AA would too probably but he's never on the ice. D will be soft. Might get a couple late goals.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Seeing how this team is anything but consistent and how last game was close and the Wings played about as good as they could for most of the game I feel like we're in for a blowout.

I'll guess the Mr Hyde version of the Wings show up and they get spanked 6-2.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Because obviously when your "starting goaltender" goes 15 of 18 you keep him in to win in the playoffs.

Fail just utter failure. DRW's get killed 4-5 to 1.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Wow, such little faith. I say Wings win 3-1 and Jimmy has a good game.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
You people are acting as if you expected us to sweep this team.

It's embarrassing that we lost to a team with this many injuries? They were favored coming into the series even with the injuries.
No team has ever come back to win a series after losing on the road game 1 by a goal.

What? That seems like a totally arbitrary and meaningless stat.

Anyway, we've tried every line combination possible this year. Nothing works particularly well. Might as well keep the lines the same and see if you can get a different result. I think they can win a couple games but it all hinges quite broadly on everyone magically player better and smarter.

We will see. No shuffling of the lines is going to change anything because no matter how you slice it there will be dead weight on each line.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Because obviously when your "starting goaltender" goes 15 of 18 you keep him in to win in the playoffs.

Fail just utter failure. DRW's get killed 4-5 to 1.

So Blashill should put in the guy who's gotten the hook his last two starts and looked shaky for several more before that?

Mrazek was playing out of his mind earlier this season. The starting job was his to lose, unfortunately he did just that.

Howard didn't bail the Wings out in that first game as much as you'd like but he didn't cost him the game either.

Right now it's pick your poison. Hope Howard elevates his game more or take a chance that Mrazek from last playoffs (or earlier this season) shows up instead of the burned out rookie we've seen lately.

TheGunslinger

Mar 24, 2016

Anyway, we've tried every line combination possible this year. Nothing works particularly well. Might as well keep the lines the same and see if you can get a different result. I think they can win a couple games but it all hinges quite broadly on everyone magically player better and smarter.

We will see. No shuffling of the lines is going to change anything because no matter how you slice it there will be dead weight on each line.

I'd say what is a little more important than line combinations is the amount of ice time these guys are getting. I'm sorry but there is no reason Z and Dats should be getting 19:30+ of ice time. This isn't 2007, they aren't the same type of players that are going to lead us to victory.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Fine
Tampa wins 8-0

If you watched how he played in game 1 rather than look at box scores you'd see the glimmer of hope for some production.

Now that prediction I like. I don't give a crap if he plays like Wayne the great. If he doesn't produce he's useless

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
People sure are concerned about Larkin getting facewashed after the whistle.

I'm a bit more concerned about his poor play turning 3 on 4's into 3 on 2's and completely losing track of his man in the defensive zone... but that's just me

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

I was being sarcastic since apparently a loss in game 1 = sweep to some people

Now that prediction I like. I don't give a crap if he plays like Wayne the great. If he doesn't produce he's useless

Ok, basing off his last couple games where he's been playing well but not consistently producing - I think tonight he gets on the score sheet, I don't care what the last 12 box scores say

Last edited:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
People sure are concerned about Larkin getting facewashed after the whistle.

I'm a bit more concerned about his poor play turning 3 on 4's into 3 on 2's and completely losing track of his man in the defensive zone... but that's just me

He is 19. I'll worry about those problems if he is still making those same mistakes when he is old enough to drink.

Most of the players on this team that are considered reliable veterans make those exact same mistakes every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad