Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II - (Florida Wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
GR raised in his mailbag that Bennett could be traded given his contract is coming up and we have center depth. I love Benny and do not want to lose him, but that next contract will be tricky. If Lundell and Stenlund do well in their respective roles, wonder if we do actually trade Benny.

Lundell's stepped up his game in the 2nd-line role so far. Same goes for Stenlund on 3rd and Lorentz on 4th. We need Stenlund for his PK and he's gonna cost more. Lorentz looks like a potential keeper. I guess it's possible. Don't want to think much about it now though, Benny is so important to our team.

We have center depth? Did I miss something? I don't see it.

And what do you mean by "Lundell stepped up his game so far". So far like for 2-3 games?

Lundell hasn't shown yet that he can be a regular 2nd center in a top tier team. 2-3. Not even close. decent playoffs game don't change that.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We finally got a package delivered that I think will push us over the top on this playoff run, the luck of the irish:

20240504_100102.jpg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

And what do you mean by "Lundell stepped up his game so far". So far like for 2-3 games?

Lundell hasn't shown yet that he can be a regular 2nd center in a top tier team. 2-3. Not even close. decent playoffs game don't change that.

Just quoting GR, not that I agree. Would never want to trade Bennett.

I do think Lundell has played a lot better since the new year. He's only 23, I think he's been doing fine.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think Toronto wins tonight

Hot Goalie > Better goalie and Woll is on a heater.

Which is why I worry about them against us.

Hot Goalie > Panthers 10/10 times

• Wow
Reactions: batting1k

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Reading both sides it seems toronto has gone to a defense first mindset, assistant coach kinda taking over from Keefe (mindblowing i know) and its confusing the hell out of da broonz

Their lack of center depth is killing them in faceoffs and in general setting up chances.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site

We only do if we re-sign Samson. If we domt that center depth goes in the shitter.

Reactions: Vilam

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Beating Tampa was nice, if they don't beat either of these teams they were never getting past the Canes or Rags. Even if they win round 2 I'm still not expecting a win vs a metro team. Only way I would be crushed is if say they lose to the Canes in double OT game 7 and the Canes win the finals in 5 games. I think it would be preferable for NYR to beat the Canes, they are much worse 5 v 5.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Can't believe I am excited to be watching a Leafs game, what in the world!
I think of Toronto survives the first period, they will moving to the second round.
There is a lot nervousness on the Bruins side, if the Leafs score first, can be Curtains for them.

Reactions: batting1k

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Can't believe I am excited to be watching a Leafs game, what in the world!
I think of Toronto survives the first period, they will moving to the second round.
There is a lot nervousness on the Bruins side, if the Leafs score first, can be Curtains for them.

I don't believe the Bs will fold. they are a good team with a lot of structure, toughness, experience and pride.

there is def nervousness, tho. you can sense it from monty over the last few games. the post game show Thursday was somber.

if TOR brings the same game, it should be a battle and they can certainly pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad