Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP) - Part II

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm still worried that we might not make it, but if we force a game 7, all the pressure will be on the Pens for blowing a 3-1 lead. They haven't lost two consecutive games in a long time, but we had our streak snapped by the Flyers, perhaps we can snap their streak too.

I'm curious to see if Trotz will make other adjustments based on game 5.

All the pressure at this point is not on one team. The Caps are facing being upset early again and the Pens are facing choking. Whichever team loses will be humiliated.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I guess Orpik had enough time to pickup everything he needs from above the stands. Monster performance from him would be very nice. Just without penalties plz.

There is some hope. Chimera, Kuznetsov, Williams all have to redeem themselves.

Orlov-Chorney as 3rd pair doesn't sound bad either.

PS: Kuznetsov got 49,7% FOW for playoffs. Backstrom is at 49.3, Oshie is 63.5! Beagle 54.9

Seems to be Oshie is ready to do everything in Caps uniform looking at Ovi's leading example. I bet he will sign some extension :P

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
All the pressure at this point is not on one team. The Caps are facing being upset early again and the Pens are facing choking. Whichever team loses will be humiliated.

Sure, but I was certain we would lose yesterday. Good job by the leadership core to keep the team alive one more game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Weber assisted on a GWG against. Pretty close to as bad as Chimera.

No way, not even close. Weber made one unfortunate play in an otherwise decently played game. It happens. Weber is not the reason the Caps lost that game.

Chimera has played 11 games this post season. He has 2 points, 1 of which was the flukiest goal you'll ever see and the other was when Burakovsky put in Chimera's rebound. He has 12 PIMs and is a -1. Chimera is given top 9 minutes and is gifted PP time yet he creates zero offense. At his best he's been useless, at his worst he's been a total liability.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was without a doubt Holtby's best game of the series so far. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise. He made a handful of absolutely incredible saves.

He was equally good for the 2-1 loss in Game 2. He had 33 saves and faced 5 power plays. He was only beaten by great bang-bang plays to the front of the net. .943 save% and first star. He looked like he was in the zone much of the night and both goals were pretty shocking, especially the late Fehr goal.

I think he had his best/flashiest saves of the series in Game 5, but he's been pretty damn good throughout the playoffs. I'm not sure why this is even still a thing.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
u5ktyfU.jpg

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
No way, not even close. Weber made one unfortunate play in an otherwise decently played game. It happens. Weber is not the reason the Caps lost that game.

Chimera has played 11 games this post season. He has 2 points, 1 of which was the flukiest goal you'll ever see and the other was when Burakovsky put in Chimera's rebound. He has 12 PIMs and is a -1. Chimera is given top 9 minutes and is gifted PP time yet he creates zero offense. At his best he's been useless, at his worst he's been a total liability.

hahaha oh I 100% agree with you, I was nominating someone for spot number 2

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
love what Oshie said today about Ov.

the thing is, that what he is doing is not purely a skill thing. he is hounding the puck like beagle always does. yes he has more dexterity and better edge work to cut tight to do it, but it doesnt need to be unique.

guys like st.louis, sullivan himself, briere, dino and fedorov.... they won the puck when opponents thought that they surely would have given up by now.

once you breed that into a team, the sky is the limit.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I love that there are Pens fans on their board complaining about NBC.

Oh good lord what the hell could they POSSIBLY be complaining about. NBC's Penguins homerism is the worst favoritism I've ever seen from any supposedly neutral broadcast in any sport.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Oh good lord what the hell could they POSSIBLY be complaining about. NBC's Penguins homerism is the worst favoritism I've ever seen from any supposedly neutral broadcast in any sport.

Milburry was saying ovechkin is playing his best ever. Guess they don't agree

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Milburry was saying ovechkin is playing his best ever. Guess they don't agree

I suppose they're so used to Milbury being anti-Ovechkin that anything outside the Pittsburgh media bubble is heresy.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
love what Oshie said today about Ov.

Love Oshie, period. Had we lost yesterday, I wouldn't be mad at him because I thought he's the skater who busted his ass the most for us so far in this series.

Judging by his comments and actions ever since he got here, Oshie seems to admire Ovi as a player. The more they play together, the more I see similarities between them. They rub off each other, it's great to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad