Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Series Thread: Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
thinking about getting cable again just for the playoffs.

am i reading this right...no sportsnet or tsn comes with telus essentials?!? i have to get a stupid theme pack, and then the add-on 'sports top up' just to get sportsnet?

edit: forget it, apparently it's a $100 installation fee on top of the monthly rental just to install the pvr...and i'm not signing a 3 year contract to get free installation

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver

am i reading this right...no sportsnet or tsn comes with telus essentials?!? i have to get a stupid theme pack, and then the add-on 'sports top up' just to get sportsnet?

You don't need 'sports top up' whatever that is, but you do need the sports theme pack, $9 a month
If you're just watching the canucks, essentials is fine since all the games will be on CBC. If you wanna watch all the other teams though then yeah you need the sports theme pack.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

edit: forget it, apparently it's a $100 installation fee on top of the monthly rental just to install the pvr...and i'm not signing a 3 year contract to get free installation

Just get GameCenter, $30 or whatever, works fine.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Bear was effective playing with Vrbata and Bonino, if he stayed up I seriously doubt they gift him that position over Higgins who has played hard all year, I can understand him being sent down but he will be our first call up if a top sixes goes down.

Can't wait for the playoffs to start, last season was just miserable
PLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFSPLAYOFFS

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Could you get an hd antenna for cbc?

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
I really love this time of year, but in all seriousness, i saw Nucks in 6.
Could see the Nucks winning in 4,but each game will be 1 goal. I just think our core is more expierenced, and most of the Flames are happy just to have a good season so i dont think they will have the juice to do much damage if any. And last few play off runs in the land of Ducks,Hillier has choked so i dont see that changing now that hes a flame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Just get GameCenter, $30 or whatever, works fine.

thanks, but i already have gamecentre with my rogers plan. it's soooo far behind the tv broadcast. following along on hf spoils the results.

i didn't want cable just to watch the games, i also wanted to watch sportscentre and such afterwards.

but whatever, i've been without cable for like 3 years, i'll live.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
The Canucks have seen the Flames stretch pass and transition style used against them in the playoffs. It has hurt them in the past. Once adjustments were made the Canucks controlled games though. Have a plan against it from the start instead of waiting until game 6 to make adjustments.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
If both teams play to the best of their abilities for the whole series and no injuries the Canucks win easily. Since no team plays 100% all the time, Canucks win in 6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad