Round 1 refs and linesmen

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Referees

Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Eric Furlatt, Trevor Hanson, Jean Hebert, Marc Joannette, Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Brad Meier, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Brian Pochmara, Kevin Pollock, Kyle Rehman, Chris Rooney, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland, Ian Walsh, and Brad Watson.

Standby referees for the first round are Jon McIsaac and Justin St. Pierre

In from 2017: Kyle Rehman, making his playoff debut. Rehman’s in his tenth season as an NHL ref.
Out from 2017: Chris Lee
Linesmen

Derek Amell, Steve Barton, Devin Berg, David Brisebois, Scott Cherrey, Michel Cormier, Greg Devorski, Ryan Gibbons, Darren Gibbs, Trent Knorr, Brad Kovachik, Matt MacPherson, Steve Miller, Kiel Murchison, Brian Murphy, Jonny Murray, Derek Nansen, Pierre Racicot, Mark Shewchyk, and Tony Sericolo.
Standby linesmen for the opening round are Ryan Daisy and Brian Mach

In from 2017: Devin Berg, Darren Gibbs, Derek Nansen, Tony Sericolo
Out from 2017: Scott Driscoll, Ryan Galloway, Shane Heyer (retired), Bryan Pancich,

NHL Names 2018 Stanley Cup Playoff Referees and Linesmen

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dear hockey gods, please keep Charron as far away from the Kings' series as possible. I would take Chris Lee and Tim Peel reffing 28 straight games for us before 1 of Charron again.

Reactions: KingTrouty

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
As raccoon stated above, please keep Charron far away from any king game . He tends to make questionable calls against the kings and loves handing out extra unsportmanlike conduct penalties to doughty

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
St. Laurent actually terrifies me.

I suppose there's no way of knowing who will ref a game until game time?

And, do these refs get assigned to a series? Or do they just ref single games and move on?

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
St. Laurent
Jets

For the love of God, don't let that clown officiate one Jets game this spring.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Seems like a lot of teams have one ref that they don't like.

I normally defend refs, even if they blow a call. But I still had a small hope that Peel wouldn't be on the list. He's one of the few refs that I can recognise, and he seems consistently inconsistent.

On a positive note, can we give a hand to Wes McCauley and Dan O’Halloran? I swear these guys do the Cup Final every year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Seems like a lot of teams have one ref that they don't like.

I normally defend refs, even if they blow a call. But I still had a small hope that Peel wouldn't be on the list. He's one of the few refs that I can recognise, and he seems consistently inconsistent.

On a positive note, can we give a hand to Wes McCauley and Dan O’Halloran? I swear these guys do the Cup Final every year.
Brad Meier hates the Wild.

I've seen him ref games without the Wild, and see he can do a good job, but he doesn't do very well in Wild games, it almost seems intentional.

That said, Peel is the only ref I truly despise, and that's just because he's incapable of doing a good job at all.

Reactions: iSophagus

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Dear hockey gods, please keep Charron as far away from the Kings' series as possible. I would take Chris Lee and Tim Peel reffing 28 straight games for us before 1 of Charron again.

Boy, I remember Charron f***ing things up for Remparts in Quebec City quite a lot of times.
The guy, when he hates you, he will find 1001 ways to make your life miserable.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Brad Meier hates the Wild.

I've seen him ref games without the Wild, and see he can do a good job, but he doesn't do very well in Wild games, it almost seems intentional.

That said, Peel is the only ref I truly despise, and that's just because he's incapable of doing a good job at all.

I'm with you %100.

I've heard people accusing him of helping/hurting this team or that team. I always kind of chuckle, because hes not trying to influence the outcome of the game, he's just that bad. I can't name a single other ref that I know I don't like. But Peel stands out as the worst of the bunch, to me.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad