round 1 prediction poll

Prediction

• Total voters

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I fully believe this team has it in them to win a round. After that, I'm far from confident.
So I'll say Leafs in 6 but honestly, there's almost no outcome I'd be completely shocked if it happened.
Even if they beat Boston, a HUGE if and not one I'd bet on, Florida will stomp them if they advance. They have no answer for the Panthers.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Leafs in five.

This shouldn't even be close. Toronto should blow away an old and depleted Bruins team. If they lose against these sad sacks it'll be the most gut wrenching loss to date.

Making the playoffs eight years in a row is nice.

But at some point they need to win when it matters most. As far as I'm concerned that was three years ago. Looking good while losing is no longer acceptable.

It never should have been in the first place.

I'm amazed how many people think Boston is gonna wipe their asses. A full one half of the fan base think the Bruins are gonna take this. I'm not convinced the Leafs are a Stanley Cup winning team either.

But even I can believe they have what it takes to lay a beating on a tired Bruins team well past their best before date.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
There are a variety of methods that can be used to block those ads on mobile. Let me know if you want some suggestions.
i appreciate the offer but i shouldn't have to jump through hoops to try to surf this forum

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
i appreciate the offer but i shouldn't have to jump through hoops to try to surf this forum
A pile of us use the brave browser. It’s super easy and free. If you don’t have an adblocker then you will have to pay HF forums. This site is not useable without those options unfortunately.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Oh I fully agree. I understand using ads to fund the site but these adds literally break the site and destroy the user experience.

I understand ads. But when they prevent you from actually using the site you came to use, these f***ers are reaping what they've sown.

A pile of us use the brave browser. It’s super easy and free. If you don’t have an adblocker then you will have to pay HF forums. This site is not useable without those options unfortunately.
I use an ad blocker add-on to mobile Firefox sometimes and it works just fine.

Reactions: HolyCrap

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Assuming Boston plays the way we all expect - tight defensively and solid goaltending, 2 things would have to happen for leafs to win this series:
1. Solid defensive play - leafs have been consistently inconsistent defensively all season. In fact they have mostly been flat out bad.
2. Goaltending - this is probably the X factor to me because I have no idea which version of Samsonov or Woll will show up for this series. The bad versions of either and series will be done in 5 max.

But by some miracle if those 2 things are solid or even decent, this is a VERY winnable series for the leafs

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Assuming Boston plays the way we all expect - tight defensively and solid goaltending, 2 things would have to happen for leafs to win this series:
1. Solid defensive play
2. Goaltending -
3. Outscore our problems.

problem is this year vs Swayman - 3 games, we've scored 1,2,1 goals - average 1.33 goals per game.

in 4 games, the Leafs haven't scored vs Boston in the first period.

Our worst matchup in the East was Boston and here we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14 and HolyCrap

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Leafs in five.

This shouldn't even be close. Toronto should blow away an old and depleted Bruins team. If they lose against these sad sacks it'll be the most gut wrenching loss to date.

Making the playoffs eight years in a row is nice.

But at some point they need to win when it matters most. As far as I'm concerned that was three years ago. Looking good while losing is no longer acceptable.

It never should have been in the first place.

I'm amazed how many people think Boston is gonna wipe their asses. A full one half of the fan base think the Bruins are gonna take this. I'm not convinced the Leafs are a Stanley Cup winning team either.

But even I can believe they have what it takes to lay a beating on a tired Bruins team well past their best before date.
Consensus around the talking heads and amongst hockey fans in general is the series is a coin toss which aligns with the voting here.
I don’t see an issue. Voting that the opponent will win is too often viewed as negativity by many here.
Others, like myself see it as a perfectly reasonable option.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I just dont see the Leafs being able to slay the dragon. They got spanked in the regular season by the Bruins. Yeah that doesnt always mean a playoff will be the same, but I dont see it... Leafs didnt finish well, Samsonov didnt play well last two games he played, plus they are banged up so who knows...

If the Leafs win, it will take 7. but if they lose i think its Boston in 5.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
3. Outscore our problems.

problem is this year vs Swayman - 3 games, we've scored 1,2,1 goals - average 1.33 goals per game.

in 4 games, the Leaf's haven't scored vs Boston in the first period.

Our worst matchup in the East was Boston and here we are.
Really? Outside of NYI, Washington and Tampa, Boston scares me the least in the East. I think Florida presents more of a challenge, let alone the Rangers or the Hurricanes. The Leafs will benefit from the fact that Boston can't score. The challenge for Boston will be that no matter how good their goalie(s) may be in the series, they won't be able to win if Boston only scores one or two goals per game.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Atleast we’re going into the playoffs on a high, with no question marks.

I don't know man. The last 10 games was about same for both the Leafs and Bruins. Also are propped up by the loser points

1713492239918.png

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Really? Outside of NYI, Washington and Tampa, Boston scares me the least in the East. I think Florida presents more of a challenge, let alone the Rangers or the Hurricanes. The Leafs will benefit from the fact that Boston can't score. The challenge for Boston will be that no matter how good their goalie(s) may be in the series, they won't be able to win if Boston only scores one or two goals per game.
Bruins can say the same. They threw 2 games to draw the Leafs, So now we wait to see if the Bruins back it up or the Leafs make them regret tanking.

• Love
Reactions: rumman and Hellcat

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Bruins can say the same. They threw 2 games to draw the Leafs, So now we wait to see if the Bruins back it up or the Leafs make them regret tanking.
So you figure that, as a team, they collectively decided to give up home ice (which required Florida to win all of its remaining games, which is obviously not something Boston could control while they were busy throwing games on purpose) by dropping below Florida because they think it will give them a better chance to play those very Florida Panthers in the second round....but without home ice advantage? Feels like a bit of a stretch to me. In any event, Boston wouldn't beat Tampa or Toronto., or Florida for that matter. Their only hope for a playoff series win this year was playing the Islanders or Capitals, but all of that purposeful tanking cost them first place in the conference, as well.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Interesting. You think the Leafs get blanked "easily" for the first time in 43 years?
Welp, they have injuries and a set of goaltenders that too often can't stop a beach ball.

Their record against the Bruins in the regular season was putrid this season. And our Leafs have failed to beat the Bruins in the last 4 times they have met.

Our Leafs have been so inconsistent this season that they were unable to keep up with the Bruins in the standings.

Also, the Bruins live in are in our Leafs minds rent free.

So, with the above, I think a four game sweep is possible. It's up to our Leafs to perform way above our expectations against a foe they have had problems beating.

JMHO.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Welp, they have injuries and a set of goaltenders that too often can't stop a beach ball.

Their record against the Bruins in the regular season was putrid this season. And our Leafs have failed to beat the Bruins in the last 4 times they have met.

Our Leafs have been so inconsistent this season that they were unable to keep up with the Bruins in the standings.

Also, the Bruins live in are in our Leafs minds rent free.

So, with the above, I thinks a four game sweep is possible. It's up to our Leafs to perform way above our expectations against a foe they have had problems beating.

JMHO.
Will you change your prediction to a 5 game loss after the leafs win the first game?

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
We are likely to get out-coached, out-goalied, out-defended and out-reffed so hopefully the Leaf forwards can out-score these obstacles.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad