• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

Everyone except Mike G. Morreale said Oilers win Round 1. I'm guessing he's an East homer who doesn't watch any games in the West?
American analyst from New Jersey. Probably saw all the other submissions and wanted to be different. He got our attention so he did his job lol.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Capture.JPG

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nah, the Oilers dominated the metrics in all six games. The only reason the series was even close was because of the reffing.

I’m not saying this year will be easy, but last year the Kings weren’t close to being on our level.
I can't agree with this at all. There's nothing in that series that showed that the Kings weren't even close to the Oilers.

Game 1 - The Oilers were the better team but it was still a pretty tight game overall
Game 2 - The Oilers were the much better team
Game 3 - The Oilers really should have won this game, they were the better team the majority of the game
Game 4 - This is where it started to turn. The Kings gained a lot of confidence from pulling Game 3 out of the fire and largely dominated this game. The score effect made the metrics look fairly even but the Oilers were fighting an uphill climb the entire game. Very fortunate to escape this one.
Game 5 - All Oilers
Game 6 - All Kings. The Oilers were very fortunate to pull this game out.

I look at it as - Games 2,3 and 5 where the Oilers were the better team, Kings were better in 4 and 6 (Ironically lost both) and Game 1 was fairly even with a slight nod to the Oilers. The Oilers were the better team overall but there was no domination here and certainly not all 6 games, that's just not true at all.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
We’re building a tradition here in Round 1 ala Bruins and Leafs….so, we keep beating the Kings…no mercy!
Glad we have home ice advantage as the LA ice is usually soup in the playoffs thanks to the NBA games going on, and that’s as much a factor in the games as the Kings themselves.

Coach has done a great job since coming in and I expect that to continue…he deserves these playoffs. He’s built up a lot of info about the players, strengths and weaknesses, systems and line combos. And he’s shown that he can prepare for games as well as anyone. There’s a lot of purpose and success behind his work…I consider him to be our secret weapon.
The boys seem healthy (as much as can be expected after a season) and the leaders are tuned in. The supporting cast has shown good signs too. The key will be for everyone to deliver consistently.
Let the playoffs begin….Go Oilers!

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Really happy they avoided Vegas. I never put any stock into this years season stats

This team w/ Stone and Piet back in the playoffs is scary

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Edmonton should win this series. The question is how long it takes.

LA kings play a hard and grinding game.

The longer this series goes, the more chance of injuries. If Edmonton wants to go far, then they should be trying to finish this series in 4/5 games.

If this goes to 6/7, Edmonton might win the battle but I think they will lose the war.

Come ready to play and don’t beat yourself.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Is it true that we haven't won a Game 1 at home since like 1990?? That is a crazy stat. Hoping the boys will finally show up for Game 1 and carry the momentum througout the playoffs.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
The biggest worry about this series is Skinner is already fatigued and imho is at is limit. He has already played 9 extra games than he did in the regular season last year. And over the last 30 days he has been…well let’s look at the numbers.

The last 30 days 76 goalies have played 5v5 skinner ranks…
SV% 58th (0.891)
GAA 29th (2.83)
Goals Saved Above Average/60 58th (-0.52)
HDSV%

Skinner is struggling at around the same games played mark as he did last year.

Tonight was another awful period from him. Rough game overall but Skinner was especially bad.

This team is going to have to outscore Skinner again because he isn’t going to be keeping them in games really.

Could I be wrong and the signs don’t actually exist and he is going to flip a switch and be great in the playoffs. Sure absolutely.
It is worrying though.

I mean we started Skinner, a lesser goalie, 59 times.

Skinner is the 1 player I worry about period.

If he repeats last year, we done.
If he shows growth, good things to come.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Kings don't have any scorers on the level of Mc-Drai but when I look at their lineup I see half a dozen guys who are proven (but unspectacular) goal scorers who are very capable of killing you in a close game where the grinders are in charge--- and that's most games that involve the Kings.

Yes, the playoffs are fun because you get a chance to see what the team truly has--good and bad--it tends to help resolve some our endless debates here on these threads---looking forward to it.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Skinner is the 1 player I worry about period.

If he repeats last year, we done.
If he shows growth, good things to come.
Its not just the stats, the games, its the way he plays. Lots of his questionable tendencies on display yesterday. The lol non movement and then stumble across on the first goal. That is bad. But the point shot where Skinner is down deep, obviously can't see shit, and isn't even trying to get a look at the shot. "if it goes in, it goes in" Skinner has had that tendency in times where he isn't sharp. Another goal is a very dangerous chance but it beats him short and high where Skinner gives up lots of room.

Game prior Skinner had a GA on a routine shot towards net from bad angle. It wasn't even a shot so much as a player wanting to get a whistle, and he lets it in not sealing post. If this is Campbell everybody laughs at him.

I mean this is still Skinner, he isn't anybody else. Pickard may become more important than realized in post season.

Skinner has been overplayed, and wants the starts but has recently been pulled twice. Is he even back to being fatigued again? When Skinner plays well he's quicker to angles, he's on top of crease instead of cage and he's got better general focus and being square to pucks. How he didn't read the pass across on goal yesterday is one clear mystery. I think it could be more that when he has a good move across crease its because he's deep in cage and pushing across from the post. Lateral movement still seems not solved.

Reactions: Patch101

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
coming In peace before the war. The Kings honestly have no way to stop McJesus, Draisital or your PP. we obviously can win, but I just don’t expect it. Oilers in 6….again.
Been bigger upsets before. Enjoy the series! Hopefully you are right though haha.

Reactions: Gjwrams

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is this from Las Vegas odds-makers?

Thanks for coming here and not getting ignorant like some of the goofs who show up from other fan bases.
I'm not mathematical expert but how do 200% teams make it to the third round in the west. Seems to me like actual percentages would add up to 100? That said, please excuse me as I'm 40yrs past statistics and math instruction. The first and second round numbers make sense to me. I get lost with the third round and later percentages.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
This season Talbot has been the better goalie on a lesser team. Yes Talbot is older but he has proven that he can handle that heavy work load and can stay sharp.

Skinner again has shown that when you get close to and above 50 games his play falls apart.

Putting your fandom aside just for a chance at being the " I told you so guy" all summer is peak HF.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Putting your fandom aside just for a chance at being the " I told you so guy" all summer is peak HF.
I mean, fandom to some people is blind faith and I don’t do that.
I mean, the blind faith people would be the “I told you so guy” all summer if they won’t ok so, glass houses.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
“Yay playoffs we’re gonna lose” Its so bizarre. These type of people completely miss the point of sports. Enjoy the ride with your family, friends and fellow fans. There was a long period where we didn’t get to enjoy it.
Loving this post man. This is the perspective. You'll do better in life with this kind of view on everything. I'm an old curmudgeon and I can still see this. ENJOY. <coke and rum>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad