• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Last year no first round series went 4 games.
1 series went 5 games.
Seven of eight went 6 or 7 games!

So buckle up to the roller coaster of emotions that is a playoff series.

Reactions: Faelko

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
LA is fully healthy this year. PLD will either sink them or help them.

Skinner is playing better this year and we can always fall back on Pickard if things go sideways unlike last year.
I think we have better depth this year but it needs to produce and not get owned.

Oilers in 6.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Pulling your goalie in OT forfeits the point.
This is a very good point.

I think there is something to be said about not making it obvious. They could have also pulled the goalie in REG

The players were clearly tanking in the 3rd. Fumbling pucks, not shooting, goalie sloppy....

You don't want to show you are weak and give that vibe off tho. It's a balancing act.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not sure why everyone expected the Kings to be dramatically different with a coaching change.

Coaches can't alter their personnel. The Kings play the way they've been built. They don't trap because they think it's the best way to play a hockey game they do it because they can't score.
The Oilers were. :D

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Will be a tough series, the Oilers need to make hay in the first two games to put the pressure on right away. If they drop game 1 again, it's going to be a struggle.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This is a very good point.

I think there is something to be said about not making it obvious. They could have also pulled the goalie in REG

The players were clearly tanking in the 3rd. Fumbling pucks, not shooting, goalie sloppy....

You don't want to show you are weak and give that vibe off tho. It's a balancing act.
If LA wanted to lose they wouldn’t have given up only 14 shots. Talbot was just bad.

They have a great record against the Canucks this year and almost beat us both times in the playoffs. There is zero chance imo they think it’s an easier route to the cup through Dallas, Colorado, Winnipeg.

They even said they were getting updates on the bench on the Vegas game. If they wanted to lose that would be irrelevant.

Reactions: PULSATING

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If we step back and compare to last year's series, this is the changes for each team:

Edmonton
Out - Yamamoto, Bjugstad, Kostin, Shore
In - Brown, Henrique, Perry, Stetcher, Carrick, Gagner and Erne

Across the board much more experience and depth, but maybe not straight up talent. Throw in that Desharnais and Skinner are no longer rookies, I think this team is definitely stronger

LA
Out - Iafallo, Durzi, Vilardi, Edler, Kupari, Walker, MacEwan, Korpisalo
In - Dubois, Spence, Laferriere, Englund, Moverare, Turcotte, Talbot, Rittich

I'm struggling to see how this team is better than last year's granted Byfield did take quite a step up. So this year's team may have a little more at the top end, but the depth isn't as scary. Furthermore, two of their best players are starting to get quite old and have lots of mileage on them.

Reality is that Edmonton should win this one, and if they are firing on all cylinders they could make a short series of it. However, they struggled to put these guys away last year when there was a pretty decent gap already and between them and ultimately, it was goals by the three guys that are no longer here that delivered the gut punches that yielded 3 of the 4 game winning goals in that series and delivered 6 goals total in those 3 wins.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
I think the Oilers can handle the Kings fairly easily. Much prefer them to the LTIR Knights.

Shame that the games will be called by Singh. IMO he just isn't good enough to be calling national games.

Reactions: ujju2

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
One nice thing is if Vegas happens to advance, it will be other teams also complaining about the cheating.

I think if LA plays the trap, the Oilers should as well. Just wait for chances like they do.
The trap always burns them otherwise.

Reactions: guymez

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No way. That series was about as even as it gets.

One could make an argument that the Oilers should have easily been down 3-1 and then.....series likely over.

The Oilers are the better team but anybody who thinks this will be an easy series is in for a rude awakening.
Edmonton also led (or won) in every single game so it could have easily been 3-1 for Edmonton. Edmonton has seemed to get better at closing out games with the lead this year, but there's still been a few times where we saw that creep in. They can't let it happen in the playoffs again.

I'm curious if there's ever been another team before that the led in every single playoff game in a year that only went 6-6 finishing in the second round.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
One nice thing is if Vegas happens to advance, it will be other teams also complaining about the cheating.

I think if LA plays the trap, the Oilers should as well. Just wait for chances like they do.
The trap always burns them otherwise.
This is what I’m happy about. Spreading their cheating disease all over the conference.

Reactions: TB12

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Ugh, again. Im so tired of the Kings in the playoffs. I hate them, but not because of any rivalry, I hate their jerseys, the style the play and playoff system that force feeds the stupid kings for a third year in a row.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hey now, he has an agenda and he's sticking to it. He will gladly ignore the absolute implosion Talbot underwent this year though

If Skinner had the game Talbot just had it would be getting its own exclusive thread and we would all (justifiably) be fretting about how bad our goaltending is going into the playoffs.

Some folks around here are a funny bunch. Constantly nitpicking the Oilers, "not good enough," etc, but a team that has pretty much filled their diaper since January and just embarrassed themselves against the Blackhawks are a problem.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is really no way you can really predict this series.
This year the team has shown they can be the best team in the league, they have also shown they can be the worst.

LA is going to be hungry to not lose again, I just hope the Oilers aren’t looking past the Kings like they seem to keep doing to teams they think are lesser.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I think this team needs to focus on coming out and having a strong start. Our game 1 record is pathetic and while we have ended up winning some of those series, it certainly doesn’t help in the long run.

Kings will be a tough opponent as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad