• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If they know how to beat us in the playoffs why have they lost both times?

Tbh we probably would've swept them last year if not for some super sketchy reffing early on in the series.
No way. That series was about as even as it gets.

One could make an argument that the Oilers should have easily been down 3-1 and then.....series likely over.

The Oilers are the better team but anybody who thinks this will be an easy series is in for a rude awakening.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

One could make an argument that the Oilers should have easily been down 3-1 and then.....series likely over.

The Oilers are the better team but anybody who thinks this will be an easy series is in for a rude awakening.
I’m sure getting 10 powerplays in game 1 on plays that aren’t even called during the regular season had nothing to do with that .

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Kings again!? Jeez!

One thing about this series is absolutely certain. The Kings hate us. They are going to try to do everything in their power to advance.

If we play our best they still don't have much of a chance unless they get incredibly lucky but if we play lazy and stupid, the law of averages will catch up to us and we'll be out in the first round.

I predict Oilers in 6 though I would love to see a sweep for once... Also, could we please win the first game of a playoff series FFS??

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Goaltending to put it bluntly. Talbots a better goalie than Skinner, Skinners play has been falling off and Skinner was super fatigued last year like mid way thru the first round and his game fell off hard and we decided to overplay him even more.

Analytically Skinner went from an above average goalie last year to literally being the definition of average. He saved exactly 0 goals above average overall this year.
This isn't true at all.

Outside of last night, this is the amount of goals Skinner has given up per game...

In his last 16 starts (before last night), he gave up 3 or less in 15 of them and 2 or less in 11 of them. This is not a struggling goalie.
You can dive into these advanced stats all you want but he's been stopping a lot of pucks for a long time. The most important stat for a goalie is goals against and he's kept those down for the most part.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Boys better be ready, like always this will be another tough series.
Agreed--everybody is tough in the playoffs and the Kings will not be an exception.

But I am glad that its the Kings and not the Knights. i just think that Vegas has some psychological sway over the Oilers and that sometimes the Oilers have a confidence issue despite the fact that they are now one of the older teams in the league.

My prediction--the Oilers win in 6 over the Kings and Vegas goes home after the 1st round--sweet.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I've been preaching this all year but Game 1 will tell me a lot about what this is this years playoffs.
This series.. and especially next series if they make it past this one.

I have no doubt they'll come out playing hard and will take it to L.A. But will they find a way to piss the game away like they did last year? If not total domination.. mostly domination for 45-50 mins only to shit it all away in 5-10 mins. That was the Oilers modus operand last year imo.

The Oilers first one free bullshit has to stop. At least they put up a fight in the game 1 of the first round. Once they win a series game 1 is an absolute horror show after they win a series.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Nah, the Oilers dominated the metrics in all six games. The only reason the series was even close was because of the reffing.

I’m not saying this year will be easy, but last year the Kings weren’t close to being on our level.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Not happy with the way we went out over these last two games but......!

Would have preferred Vegas to exercise some demons early but LA it is.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Not sure why everyone expected the Kings to be dramatically different with a coaching change.

Coaches can't alter their personnel. The Kings play the way they've been built. They don't trap because they think it's the best way to play a hockey game they do it because they can't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad