• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think that this is a perfect 1st round matchup for this team.
It will be boring as shit but I just dont see LA being much of a threat. This time of year rest is so important and getting through this series in at least 5 games gives the team a chance to rest before the 2nd round series.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Have you seen Pickard lately?
Yea he's the guy who I've felt like has looked behind him and not known where the puck was on almost every save he's made his last few starts.

Really hope not finding another backup doesn't become an issue.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I will say, this is the first year I've seen Kings fans so down on their team. It's like they've all forgotten how the Oilers have nearly f***ed it up 2 years in a row.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Hopefully this isn't the year where the kings decide to go balls deep and just pressure us with all they've got. This serious is going to be closer than I'd like but we still get the job done!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I will say, this is the first year I've seen Kings fans so down on their team. It's like they've all forgotten how the Oilers have nearly f***ed it up 2 years in a row.
Its a bit odd too because on paper its a best team they've had. But the goaltending, oh the goaltending.

This won't exactly be a Vezina worthy series either way.

That said some of the Oilers have been sitting on it lately and some of the Kings have been too. Both teams will be better than they've been lately. Nice to have playoffs upcoming again. Man I didn't even watch Oilers game tonight. Just tuned into the end and Sam Gagners last shift he's blocking a shot in a 5-1 loss and he loses his stick and plays the rest of the shift without one. He looked devastated at the end. Poor guy. Gets the short end of the stick always and he knows this is his last time even playing with the club. he played well this season when given a chance. Was a sad moment because I'm probably his biggest fan here.

Hopefully this isn't the year where the kings decide to go balls deep and just pressure us with all they've got. This serious is going to be closer than I'd like but we still get the job done!
The 1-3-1 won't work against us. I don't know their coach has figured that out. He's like a McLellan clone. Kings don't have anywhere near the type of goaltending to attempt a shut it down approach.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Oilers gonna sweep this year, 4-0 statement, lots of rest will be key to beating the Nucks who should beat Nashville, but I think it wont be easy. Our defence when focused and committed is way better than years past, lot of which actually depends on the forwards being responsible.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Its a bit odd too because on paper its a best team they've had. But the goaltending, oh the goaltending.

This won't exactly be a Vezina worthy series either way.

That said some of the Oilers have been sitting on it lately and some of the Kings have been too. Both teams will be better than they've been lately. Nice to have playoffs upcoming again. Man I didn't even watch Oilers game tonight. Just tuned into the end and Sam Gagners last shift he's blocking a shot in a 5-1 loss and he loses his stick and plays the rest of the shift without one. He looked devastated at the end. Poor guy. Gets the short end of the stick always and he knows this is his last time even playing with the club. he played well this season when given a chance. Was a sad moment because I'm probably his biggest fan here.

The 1-3-1 won't work against us. I don't know their coach has figured that out. He's like a McLellan clone. Kings don't have anywhere near the type of goaltending to attempt a shut it down approach.
He had a decent NHL career-- largely because he was drafted by the bottom-residing Oilers. So it's a bit of a double-edge sword. If he was 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier, I think we'd be talking about a very different player. His work ethic was always unquestionable.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
We win the series if: Games 1 and 2 are victories.

We lost the series if: Games 1 and 2 are not both victories.

Wonder if this time, finally, the team won't throw away game 1.
This is really what it all comes down to. In my mind, if the Oilers lose game one on Monday, there is ZERO chance of them winning the Stanley Cup. They may or may not come back to beat LA, but it is too taxing on teams to constantly be down in series.

It's been seven years since the Oilers led a series 1 - 0.

• Haha
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
IMG_5772.gif

IMG_5778.gif

IMG_5770.gif

orangewinter

Jan 14, 2021
This is really what it all comes down to. In my mind, if the Oilers lose game one on Monday, there is ZERO chance of them winning the Stanley Cup. They may or may not come back to beat LA, but it is too taxing on teams to constantly be down in series.

It's been seven years since the Oilers led a series 1 - 0.
It has been even longer since the last time the Oilers led 1-0 in a first round series.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I say Oilers in 5 but that's on paper

Real life can do anything. LA has a lot of pride and they have the talent and grit to be more than just a first round team

Reactions: Faelko

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Ugh the start times, even at home. F U NHL! And what's with the obsession of having the Oilers always play after the leafs. Could have easily had nucks or even jets play the double header with those clowns.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Should be a solid series. LA has had us on the ropes each of the last two years… won Game 5 in the first year to go up 3-2 and then looked to have us in Game 5 again last year.

Teams that win the Stanley Cup should not lose to teams that have Cam Talbot and Dave Rittich as their goalies. It’s that simple

Reactions: foofighter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad