Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Wow, a certain someone picked LAK in 6?

rWAOxK.gif

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Kempe is the only shooter on this Kings team that really scares me. Contain him and I think they’ll struggle to score.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Boring ass match up. I hate playing the Kings.

I hate Vegas too though. It is amusing pawning them off to the Central.

Said it before. I hope we aren’t beating ourselves this year. I hope we’re ready to go in game 1. I want to see this team take the Kings out early. Too many chances of injuries in a 6/7 game series.

Time to act like an experienced group.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Alright, fine.

Already want to complain about the dumb schedule but what's the point anymore.

Just excited to have some playoff hockey finally.

I like the way the team plays against LA usually, but the Kings can be annoying greasy f***s, so we'll see how it all goes. Can't really expect any easy games.

LET'S GOOOOOO.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Kempe is the only shooter on this Kings team that really scares me. Contain him and I think they’ll struggle to score.
Yes, he's always dangerous. Shoots like Draisaitl on the PP. They don't have a lot skill throughout their lineup, imo. But they are fairly large, though maybe not super physical.

Reactions: McOilers97

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
The one positive is that I think the Oilers really know how to play LA and beat their system. The Oilers just play a patient game and capitalize when they can. Looking forward to the Doughty/McDavid match up again. Can't believe we're facing them 3 straight years.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Ah, the Cam Talbot experience.

He'll absolutely steal a game, and I expect us, because it is who we are, to lose game 1. I just for some reason think it'll be the same game. He will likely individually lose a game for LAK. It is also insane they started him 54 games this season.

The other three are toss ups for the team to win. The LAK play not to lose. They'd be deadly with Hellybucyk. They have an older Talbot and a Rittich.

LAKs best match up would be a team like, surprisingly, Dallas or Winnipeg. With a team like Edmonton, they've got the talent to break through the trap. Just hope it shows up. I reckon it will.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
McDavid happened in 2022 to win game 6 and 7...in a series that should've been done in 5 without Doughty and Arvidsson
Hyman scored in Game 4 or else they go down 3-1 in 2023

every year they've been overwhelming favorites, yet barely winning

Every playoff series ever goes this way. It's why the playoffs are so great. Past doesn't predict future, let the games begin.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The biggest worry about this series is Skinner is already fatigued and imho is at is limit. He has already played 9 extra games than he did in the regular season last year. And over the last 30 days he has been…well let’s look at the numbers.

The last 30 days 76 goalies have played 5v5 skinner ranks…
SV% 58th (0.891)
GAA 29th (2.83)
Goals Saved Above Average/60 58th (-0.52)
HDSV%

Skinner is struggling at around the same games played mark as he did last year.

Tonight was another awful period from him. Rough game overall but Skinner was especially bad.

This team is going to have to outscore Skinner again because he isn’t going to be keeping them in games really.

Could I be wrong and the signs don’t actually exist and he is going to flip a switch and be great in the playoffs. Sure absolutely.
It is worrying though.

Ah, the Cam Talbot experience.

He'll absolutely steal a game, and I expect us, because it is who we are, to lose game 1. I just for some reason think it'll be the same game. It is also insane they started him 54 games this season.
I mean we started Skinner, a lesser goalie, 59 times.

Reactions: roccerfeller

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
McDavid happened in 2022 to win game 6 and 7...in a series that should've been done in 5 without Doughty and Arvidsson
Hyman scored in Game 4 or else they go down 3-1 in 2023

every year they've been overwhelming favorites, yet barely winning

If you want to talk about barely winning, three of their five wins against us over the last two playoffs were in OT. They only actually beat us by more than one goal once.

You can’t just discredit our series wins because “McDavid happened” when he is still on the team and our most important player. You also can’t talk about Hyman scoring in OT like it was a fluke when the Kings have relied on OT wins to make these series competitive at all.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
@CycloneSweep Kings in 6 really? Let's hear why.
Goaltending to put it bluntly. Talbots a better goalie than Skinner, Skinners play has been falling off and Skinner was super fatigued last year like mid way thru the first round and his game fell off hard and we decided to overplay him even more.

Analytically Skinner went from an above average goalie last year to literally being the definition of average. He saved exactly 0 goals above average overall this year.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
The biggest worry about this series is Skinner is already fatigued and imho is at is limit. He has already played 9 extra games than he did in the regular season last year. And over the last 30 days he has been…well let’s look at the numbers.

The last 30 days 76 goalies have played 5v5 skinner ranks…
SV% 58th (0.891)
GAA 29th (2.83)
Goals Saved Above Average/60 58th (-0.52)
HDSV%

Skinner is struggling at around the same games played mark as he did last year.

Tonight was another awful period from him. Rough game overall but Skinner was especially bad.

This team is going to have to outscore Skinner again because he isn’t going to be keeping them in games really.

Could I be wrong and the signs don’t actually exist and he is going to flip a switch and be great in the playoffs. Sure absolutely.
It is worrying though.

I mean we started Skinner, a lesser goalie, 59 times.
Give Skinner a short leash. I wouldn't hesitate putting Pickard in.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
1) Don't fall into LA's neutral zone trap system and letting them capitalize on mistakes.
2) Don't underestimate LA either just because we beat them 2 years in a row.
3) Watch out for the slashes or retaliations because the refs won't favor us again (Draisaitl, looking at you especially)

That being said, Oil Country, let's f***ing ride.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Please dont work your way into this one Oilers. Holy hell not again. For once come prepared.
Nah they need to take like 8 petty slashing penalties in game 1 to show the Kings they mean business. Worked the last 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: T-Funk

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
We win the series if: Games 1 and 2 are victories.

We lost the series if: Games 1 and 2 are not both victories.

Wonder if this time, finally, the team won't throw away game 1.

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad