GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yes....

Lets take out the guy who had 3 goals in 39 games, and replace him with the guy who had 2 goals in 26 games, while leaving the guy who had 19 goals eating popcorn.

Did Cole kick Bone's dog or something? Just wondering...

22 is too young to trust in the playoffs, ask Wyatt Johnston :sarcasm:.

I hope we get the 2-3 games of NHL Axel where he scores until Barron comes back :laugh:

Reactions: imec

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Can't say I agree with the AJF substitution. Not sure what they're going for here other than injecting some speed into the lineup. Maybe Gustafsson is hurt? I don't get the logic otherwise.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
AJF's return is a metaphor and symbolizes the resurrection of the Winnipeg Jets.

Let's gooo guys!!!

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Yes....

Lets take out the guy who had 3 goals in 39 games, and replace him with the guy who had 2 goals in 26 games, while leaving the guy who had 19 goals eating popcorn.

Did Cole kick Bone's dog or something? Just wondering...

It's obviously a move to try to match the Avs speed. Perfetti is going to be a big part of the Jets future but he's not that guy at the moment.

I (we) may not agree with all of the Bones decisions but I'm cutting some slack for the coach who led us to a 110 point regular season and 4th overall in the league.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
It's obviously a move to try to match the Avs speed. Perfetti is going to be a big part of the Jets future but he's not that guy at the moment.

I (we) may not agree with all of the Bones decisions but I'm cutting some slack for the coach who led us to a 110 point regular season and 4th overall in the league.
Bones is only a good coach when they win, and an absolute old school dino when they lose.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I would have tried Perfetti for Toffoli... and Miller/Schmidt

That being said, I've always liked AJF's game - probably would have sat Iafallo

Dirtbag151

Feb 6, 2021
This is the game that we win
I think we tighten up and play our game and shut them down like we have before
However I still have rum if we lose but it will be unhappy rum

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And if putting in AJF is an attempt to match the Avs speed, then he better get 20+ minutes of ice time, because giving him 6 minutes is pointless.

Yeah, he's only going to get 6 minutes of ice time. It won't make any difference.

Reactions: cbcwpg

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The alternative is give Stanley Dillon's spot with Pionk, which has just given me convulsions typing that out.

Samberg-Pionk were good early in the season, but Dillon-Schmidt were bad, so they went to the standard bottom 6 and never seriously tried any other combos despite chances to with Pionk struggling for so long.

A shame, hope they can recapture that good combo from months ago.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
The point was that they are slower skaters then Perfetti. It's not a speed issue, it's a coach preferring experience issue.

Hopefully third time is the charm for him on trusting his vets. They have let him down for three games now.
I know what the point was and I chose to mock it. 😉

Edit - honestly, I'd have probably pulled Iafallo to get a Perfetti in. Move him up and down between the 2nd and 4th as necessary, and give him the PP time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad