GDT: Round 1 - Game 2 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
SouthPark3-00.jpg

SouthPark3-01.jpg
SouthPark3-02.jpg

SouthPark3-03.jpg

SouthPark3-04.jpg

SouthPark3-05.jpg

SouthPark3-06.jpg

SouthPark3-07.jpg

SouthPark3-08.jpg

SouthPark3-09.jpg

SouthPark3-10.jpg

SouthPark3-11.jpg

SouthPark3-12.jpg

SouthPark3-13.jpg

SouthPark3-14.jpg

SouthPark3-15.jpg

SouthPark3-16.jpg

SouthPark3-17.jpg

SouthPark3-18.jpg

SouthPark3-19.jpg

SouthPark3-20.jpg

SouthPark3-21.jpg

SouthPark3-22.jpg

SouthPark3-23.jpg

SouthPark3-24.jpg

SouthPark3-25.jpg

SouthPark3-26.jpg

SouthPark3-27.jpg

SouthPark3-28.jpg

SouthPark3-29.jpg

SouthPark3-30.jpg

SouthPark3-31.jpg

SouthPark3-32.jpg

SouthPark3-33.jpg

SouthPark3-34.jpg

SouthPark3-35.jpg

SouthPark3-36.jpg

SouthPark3-37.jpg

SouthPark3-38.jpg

SouthPark3-39.jpg

SouthPark3-40.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Nice one Mac. Also, slick playoff duds. They look quite comfy for catching a few postseason Z's in.

Anticipating the boys will calm down a bit and get back to playing the system. A responsible defensive game would be much appreciated. They outdueled Colorado at gunslinging, now shutdown their top line and start sewing early seeds of doubt. What will help with that immensely, and I said it prior to game 1 - is Helle supplying the Jets with all-world playoff goaltending. He did well to weather an early first period onslaught, played ok.. but ultimately gives up 6. I'm sure he'll want to rectify that tomorrow night, it's time for him to lock in. If he gets into a groove, he makes beating the Jets a tough proposition. Especially when the opposition netminder looks like he learned the trade from reading Goaltending for Dummies. Expect Mad Dog, Ehlers and Cap'n Crunch to drive their respective lines.

All that said, win however you need to. Just win and take it to Colorado with both hands on the wheel.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Also, people are still counting us out. Georgiev was bad but I don't think that's the only way we win this series. We can beat em honestly too as long as we play our game

I really don't get it to be honest. I mean yeah, The Avs have some big guns. But still, we've beat them 4 games this season and it's not like we're some team that had their number during the season but just barely squeaked into the post season ourselves. We finished ahead of them in the standings! Even with their pedigree, I don't see how we have worse than even odds in this series...

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks @macmaroon

I anticipate that Colorado will come out guns blazing.

200w.gif

But, so will we.

MEOU.gif

Couple that with the Jets playing D, and ...

200w.gif

The cat's in the bag.

giphy.webp

Advance, Jets, into the maelstrom of the white out. Into the breach one more time, dear friends.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our Jetted dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect..

This Henry V quote reminds me summat of Lowry.

adam-lowry-04102019-getty-ftr_17xo2i7hf9vpk1c13mcemq6uqh.jpg

Go Jets!!

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Thy 4k set will show thee how thy beauties wear,
Thy dial how Colorado’s precious minutes waste;
The vacant Bednar leaves thy mind's imprint will bear,
And his limp greas’d locks his forehead may paste.
The wrinkles which this second game will truly show
Of amp’d D, Jets will give thee memory;
Thou by Helly’s shady stealth mayst know
MacK's thievish progress to golfing tee.
Look, what thy memory can not contain
Commit to these white towels, and thou shalt find
Those hopes nursed, deliver'd to thine brain,
To take a new residence of thine mind.
These outcomes, so oft as thou wilt look,
Shall profit us, but leave the Avs wholly shook.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Actually when you think about it, we're really sort of like kryptonite for a team like the Avs. We've been defensively sound most of the season, have the best goalie in the league, and we have decent depth so we can focus on shutting their big guns down and still get scoring from the other lines which takes advantage of their iffy goalies...

Not to say I think we've got this of course. It's still a tough match up. I just don't see why we're being counted out so much.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Actually when you think about it, we're really sort of like kryptonite for a team like the Avs. We've been defensively sound most of the season, have the best goalie in the league, and we have decent depth so we can focus on shutting their big guns down and still get scoring from the other lines which takes advantage of their iffy goalies...

Not to say I think we've got this of course. It's still a tough match up. I just don't see why we're being counted out so much.
It seems like the book makers are putting weight on the Avs recent Stanley Cup against the Jets playoff performances. I’m seeing a lot of media personalities giving the series to the Jets.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
So tonight should be our 10th win in a row. Any of you stats hounds know what our longest winning streak has been? Not interested in last century, just what the record is for the current team.
Regular season win streak is 8 games and point streak is 14. There's more one could say with a bit of digging, but it's not worth the risk of being scorned.:sarcasm:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'd really love to see a convincing 4-0 win where we frustrate the Avs all night and Helle play great but it's not the reason we win

This.

Solid, pack-of-wolves type game, with less standing around, falling over, sifting pucks off the dasher onto the tape of Avs players, wish passes up the middle and low-percentage shots from the corners and more of the smart, suffocating, clinical finishing we see when the Jets are on their best game. Frustrate, and finish.

Looking forward to catching up to this one tomorrow night -- thanks for another Hart-worthy GDT, @macmaroon, and looks like sunshine for all you outdoor partygoers this eve! A few of my mates will be there, wish I could be too.

Lets go mountaineering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad