Post-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 1 - Toronto trolls hiding in their caves - BRUINS 5 Leafs 1 F - Bruins lead series 1-0

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Wow. Parros actually got it right for once. **** Kadri!

It’s kind of funny that Parros ignored the fact that Kadri jumped and turned to increase the force of the hit. And, he conveniently left out all the “intention” stuff he used to suspend Marchand.

Yeah, three games is great but it just increases the level of doubt most people have in the Player Safety rulings. Marchand had history and got five for an elbow. Backes had no history and got three for a clean hit. Kadri has history and he really made an effort to hammer a defenseless player.

Reactions: sarge88

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I wonder if Drew Doughty inadvertently did the Bruins a favor by complaining about his suspension

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
It’s kind of funny that Parros ignored the fact that Kadri jumped and turned to increase the force of the hit. And, he conveniently left out all the “intention” stuff he used to suspend Marchand.

Yeah, three games is great but it just increases the level of doubt most people have in the Player Safety rulings. Marchand had history and got five for an elbow. Backes had no history and got three for a clean hit. Kadri has history and he really made an effort to hammer a defenseless player.

It did nothing to quell any doubts I have about DoPS being subjective and fair. It was way more than I expected because of the lack of those two very things in DoPS rulings. Therefore, I'll take it.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
How can some Leafs fans call three games a joke? The guy left his feet, hip-checked his head, admitted it was retaliatory, and has a bad history. Cry about it some more why don't you?

Reactions: Chief Nine

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm glad they threw the book at him, but knowing that the DoPS isn't f***ing around or giving playoff discounts to incidents this year (Doughty, Kadri), I hope Bruce calls Marchand in for a quick little meeting like "play your game, but be smart"

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm glad they threw the book at him, but knowing that the DoPS isn't ****ing around or giving playoff discounts to incidents this year (Doughty, Kadri), I hope Bruce calls Marchand in for a quick little meeting like "play your game, but be smart"

Yeah hopefully You Know Who doesn't take this as a green light to do something equally stupid & wrong.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
kadri-ristolainen.PNG

You got four games!!

Kadri: well, ACTUALLY, I only got three, but I also hit Wingels twice and there was that hit on Nash and....

babcock190_medium.jpg

Babcock: Shut up!!!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Bruins/Leafs, when I look at this series, it's a little crazy to think this is round 1.

Assuming BOS/TB take care of business and they hold form...... that's an East Finals matchup in round 2. They met in the 2011 East Finals under the old format.

It's pretty crazy to think that 1-2 could meet in the 2nd round.

BOS and TOR were #2 and #4 in the East. Flyers/Penguins, #5 and #6.

That's..... odd.

Under the old format, Boston would have played the Flyers- and they probably might have 5-1'd them last night.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
no kidding cat....and they don't make him available today..

little late he screwed himself last nite.

I went back and listened to the post game comments and they were night and day from the top down.

If im Toronto, im not letting him speak again without a script.

Reactions: Si Hopkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad