Pre-Game Talk: Round 1: Bruins vs. Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I remember my thoughts...

"The B's will always find a way to break my heart, I've accepted that....but to go down without even a fight?!?"

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Pre-Game Hockey Trivia-

Who is NASA's favorite NHL Player?

0.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
When was the last time we were this favored to win the Cup? Everyone seems to be saying Bruins this year.

It's because of that month of March.

I admit it's weird to be the team in the east everyone is picking to win-I'm used to the Bruins being dismissed for teams with more elite talent.

I admit while I know this team is good I still don't know that the kids on the back end can carry the team. My fingers are crossed that it happens.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm not worried as I thought I would be. I think you have to be cautious, obviously. But I have a good feeling about this team. I think they understand they cannot come out like they did last year against the Leafs.

Take advantage of the Wings early, but don't underestimate them.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am cautiously optimistic.

I think the fact that the Bruins lost the season series to the Wings may keep them from coming in over confident.

The fact that most of these players have never won in Detroit will also be a motivator.

I think the Bruins have to play their game and they'll be okay. The speed is going to hurt but honestly I don't think speed kills this team like it used to-playing undisciplined or pond hockey is what will kill them.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
With a SC win and another finals appearance in just the last three years they'd be crazy not to pick the Bruins though, especially when you consider the Presidents trophy regular season they just had.

The Bruins have never had this much success as long as I've been alive so I've never seen anything exactly like it. 08-09 is the last real time I can remember any large number of people outside the Bruins fanbase collectively picking the B's as a serious threat to win it all.

And as Trap Jesus said, far more inexperienced. Hard to believe the Bruins had the year they did with that squad on the backend. Ward and Stuart were pretty steady though and Wideman had an incredible year. Doesn't even nearly compare to this year, though I'd feel a lot better if we had Seids back.
Yes,in hindsight what a terrible group of D we had back then 2008-2009.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
When was the last time we were this favored to win the Cup? Everyone seems to be saying Bruins this year.

had to be 1990.
before pitt got really good, and edm started their downfall.

2009 shouldve been us and pitt in the conference finals.
i think the B's wouldve won that year if they got by carolina.
still cant believe we lost that round. we were 4-0 against them during the reg season, and after they got that game 2 win, they were a different team against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad