Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Looking strictly at forwards once Michkov arrives in 2025-26 season, we have a huge lack talent in the center position (I assume Michkov will remain a winger)...our wingers will flourish once they get someone that can give a tape-to-tape pass.:

Couturier (C) - untradeable have to keep
Laughton (C) - trade
Poehling (C) - trade
Johansen (C) - out

Frost (C) - convert him to LW
Farabee (LW) - keep
Cates (LW) - unknown
Deslauriers (LW) - out

Michkov (RW) - keep
Konency (RW) - trade for a centerman
Tippett (RW) - keep
Brink (RW) - trade
Foerster (RW) - keep
Lycksell (RW) - keep
Atkinson (RW) - out
Gurianov (RW) - out
Hathaway (RW) - out

Rookies/Draft Picks
Gendron (RW) - keep
Barkey (C) - keep
Desnoyers (LW) - keep
1st round draft picks 2023
1st round draft pick 2024

Projected Lines
Frost - *Center via Konecny trade* - Michkov
Farabee - UFA Center - Tippett
Cates - Barkey - Foerester
Desnoyers/Draft pick - Couturier - Lycksell/Gendron/Draft pick

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Another crying post from fan who found someone forgot to write “Michkov is the Savior”.

Almost every prospect has some flaws, and (which comes a some surprise for Michkov fan club) Matvei isn’t exception. I just noticed it
Yes, other fans are crying. Yes, other fans have their panties in a knot. Yes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Looking strictly at forwards once Michkov arrives in 2025-26 season, we have a huge lack talent in the center position (I assume Michkov will remain a winger)...our wingers will flourish once they get someone that can give a tape-to-tape pass.:

Laughton (C) - trade
Poehling (C) - trade
Johansen (C) - out

Farabee (LW) - keep
Cates (LW) - unknown
Deslauriers (LW) - out

Michkov (RW) - keep
Konency (RW) - trade for a centerman
Tippett (RW) - keep
Brink (RW) - trade
Foerster (RW) - keep
Lycksell (RW) - keep
Atkinson (RW) - out
Gurianov (RW) - out
Hathaway (RW) - out

Rookies/Draft Picks
Gendron (RW) - keep
Barkey (C) - keep
Desnoyers (LW) - keep

Projected Lines

Good thing Torts was here to squeeze those 10-15 extra points out of the Flyers to keep them out of the running for Celebrini.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
If relationships are going to be sour with SKA, Rotenberg, and Team Russia authorities, there must be some sort of mutual understanding that can lead to a contract termination. Or at least I can dream.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Laughton (C) - trade
Poehling (C) - trade
Johansen (C) - out

Farabee (LW) - keep
Cates (LW) - unknown
Deslauriers (LW) - out

Michkov (RW) - keep
Konecny (RW) - trade for a centerman
Tippett (RW) - keep
Brink (RW) - trade
Foerster (RW) - keep
Lycksell (RW) - keep
Atkinson (RW) - out
Gurianov (RW) - out
Hathaway (RW) - out

Rookies/Draft Picks
Gendron (RW) - keep
Barkey (C) - keep
Desnoyers (LW) - keep

Projected Lines
Generally agree that the org needs to go through this exercise to determine who they need for the longer term. I don't see a need to trade Poehling right now. He's actually a pleasant surprise as a 4C who has speed and size, along with a bit of skill. Brink should stay, he's very smart and skilled. We'll see if they decide to trade Konecny, I'm not sure they will. He's such a good player too. I'd like to see Lycksell, get another crack but it's doubtful. Desnoyers just isn't going to make it.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
This seems noteworthy. (Google translations skills, as per usual)

SKA is considering the option of transferring Matvey Michkov to Philadelphia.

Chairman of the Board of Directors of SKA Alexander Medvedev spoke about this.

Matvey Michkov returned to SKA after a loan spell at Sochi. The forward was selected by the NHL club seventh overall in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.

– Change to St. Petersburg or Philadelphia? Avangard released Ivan Miroshnichenko in the same situation.

– Unlike the situation with Ivan Fedotov, we are in contact with Philadelphia.

The Flyers management does not even hide their desire for Matvey to come to them and try his hand at the NHL.

But if you go earlier, then you need to have a clause in the contract that if Philadelphia is tempted to send him to the AHL, he will have the right to return.

But it’s too early to talk about this, because legally Michkov is under a contract with SKA.

And Philadelphia sent us their assurances that they would not commit any violations of contractual rights.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
This seems noteworthy. (Google translations skills, as per usual)

SKA is considering the option of transferring Matvey Michkov to Philadelphia.

Chairman of the Board of Directors of SKA Alexander Medvedev spoke about this.

Matvey Michkov returned to SKA after a loan spell at Sochi. The forward was selected by the NHL club seventh overall in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.

– Change to St. Petersburg or Philadelphia? Avangard released Ivan Miroshnichenko in the same situation.

– Unlike the situation with Ivan Fedotov, we are in contact with Philadelphia.

The Flyers management does not even hide their desire for Matvey to come to them and try his hand at the NHL.

But if you go earlier, then you need to have a clause in the contract that if Philadelphia is tempted to send him to the AHL, he will have the right to return.

But it’s too early to talk about this, because legally Michkov is under a contract with SKA.

And Philadelphia sent us their assurances that they would not commit any violations of contractual rights.
"Rebuild Finalized"

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
It is a bit weird posting someone that posts on here's tweets but I didn't see you active in the thread so I shot my shot.
I was just coming to post it, in case Alex hadn't had a chance!

This is big news. The owner thinks it's OK to come over as long as the players are established in KHL and don't have to go back and forth between NHL and AHL. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad