Waived: Rostislav Olesz

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Healthy scratch in Rockford every night? Or can they just send him home?

He'll end up slicing his hand eating an apple or something ridiculous.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Healthy scratch in Rockford every night? Or can they just send him home?

He'll end up slicing his hand eating an apple or something ridiculous.

I think he would prefer a buyout, it would allow him to either get a new contract back home, or somebody gambles and gives him league minimum for next year.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
you say 900k if you put someone in the minors

Thats 1.8M for the 2 players

Not great but if they aren't making the everyday roster, why not get some more cap space

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
It is $900k subtracted from their cap hit. The Hawks take a cap hit of $2.75mil for Montador and and $2.25 mil for Olesz when they are in the minors.

LandofLincoln*

I went to a few of the injured player practices at Johnny's West and Olesz was a million miles away from being ready to play period.

He was so out of shape that 5 minutes a night on Rockford's fourth line would be about all he could handle.

I see a buyout coming, but I see no team taking a risk on giving him an NHL minimum contract next season. I would imagine he will be in shape next year, and could sign an AHL deal but I think his days playing in N. America are done.

If he gets serious about his conditioning he can have a nice career in Europe.

LandofLincoln*

It is $900k subtracted from their cap hit. The Hawks take a cap hit of $2.75mil for Montador and and $2.25 mil for Olesz when they are in the minors.

Here is my bold prediction. Montador will work his playing time up to 20 minutes a game while in Rockford this season. He will be playing down there AND prove he's completely rehabilitated.

Montador will not be in the minors next season. Nothing can stop him from playing in the NHL next season. Unless he gets another head injury. Montador is highly motivated and would be the 6th defenseman next year on another team outside of Chicago.

Montador will get claimed off of waivers. I don't think Chicago needs to buy him out atleast not yet. Way to early to buyout Montador.

Last edited by a moderator:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Montador

My memory of Montador on the Hawks isn't good. I'm not saying he completely sucked like Aucoin, but he seemed to not be as tough as I thought, would take stupid penalties and have an enormous # of blowouts. I doubt anyone will pick him up with his history now. He'll just languish in Rockford on waivers the rest of his life unless there's an injury to the D in that case he'll languish on the Hawks bench in a blazer and a beer.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My memory of Montador on the Hawks isn't good. I'm not saying he completely sucked like Aucoin, but he seemed to not be as tough as I thought, would take stupid penalties and have an enormous # of blowouts. I doubt anyone will pick him up with his history now. He'll just languish in Rockford on waivers the rest of his life unless there's an injury to the D in that case he'll languish on the Hawks bench in a blazer and a beer.

I think that's harsh. Monty didn't get enough time here due to concussions. If he doesn't play another game with Hawks, that's how I'll remember him. Now if he can stay healthy, who knows, he may be the depth dman this team can use in this year's PO's. Stranger things have happened.

Nothingman*

So they sent Oz to Rockford and not just home? That is a bit of a risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad