Rostislav Olesz or Dustin Brown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Dunno. Very close. Short term Brown i think. Olesz is kinda a risky prospect and while he has high upsides IMO he isn't a guy to rest your hopes on as a franchise.

As for injury proned i dunno. Olesz isn't injury prone. Just unlucky i mean he gets hurt in the WJ by big hitters yet he has played in a good mens league since 16 and hasn't really picked up anything serious like that in the WJ.

I'd take Brown and thats froma panthers fan. Olesz may well turn out better though.

Vic Rattlehead*

Colt.45Orr said:
If you were starting a franchise who would you rather have??

Long term (5+ years)..

Short term (-5 years)..

Could either of them be called injury prone??

Thanks in advance...

Colt, we know what this is for. :joker:

I second the Mikko Koivu comment!

I actually can't say who will be better.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
markov` said:
Rostislav Olesz is not that much of a gamble. If he fails to reach his full potential, he'll probably be a checking line center.

I agree... Best care scenario he's a top line scoring winger. Worst casec scenario he's a 3rd line center or winger. I don't think he's a gamble to be an NHLer.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
theBob said:
I know he is a basic guarantee for the NHL, but he is far from a guarantee franchise player.

I don't think anyone's using the word "guaranteed franchise player" anywhere. Really there's no such thing.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
The original question was: "If you were starting a franchise who would you rather have??" Olesz has more offensive upside than Brown, but odds are that Brown will be the better player. All I have been trying to say is that Brown is the safer prospect.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Actually... we have already drafted Malkin and Getzlaf...so we could afford the "gamble" (higher ceiling) of Oli...

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
You don't build a franchise around these two guys. Brown should be good but i don't think he i the guy to start a franchise around. Olesz is a SAFE prospect to make the NHL baring injury cos he can play checking roles. He is far from a banker to be a star. He may have higher upsides than Brown but he has a 50/50 chance of becoming that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad