Rosters

OilerOlli*

Are the rosters complete or can the teams still chose some extra players?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
petelars said:
Yes, Canada has named 17 per the website's official roster, but that doesn't have Shanahan or Seabrook on it, yet.

Correct, the IHWC roster lists 17 and does not list the 4 most recent Canadian players added to the team - Pettinger, Shanahan, Seabrook or Cammalleri.

The hockeycanada.ca roster lists 21 players: 2 goalies, 6 defensemen and 13 forwards.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/2/0/1/6/2/index1.shtml

So 2 open roster spots if 23 is still the full roster allowed.

OilerOlli*

sk84fun_dc said:
Correct, the IHWC roster lists 17 and does not list the 4 most recent Canadian players added to the team - Pettinger, Shanahan, Seabrook or Cammalleri.

The hockeycanada.ca roster lists 21 players: 2 goalies, 6 defensemen and 13 forwards.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/2/0/1/6/2/index1.shtml

So 2 open roster spots if 23 is still the full roster allowed.

Pettinger...wow. Didn't they find any better player that wants to play the WC? :shakehead

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
no andrei kostitsyn for belarus? thats a shocker...same with zakharov, hes not there either....belarus is making mistakes by not putting these guyhs on the team

WingerFan

Oct 20, 2004
St. Catharines
is crosby the next one??

i actually kind of laughed at that article. find it funny when they mention how they said the same thing about so many other players.

also why isnt boris valabik playing for slovakia.. wouldnt this be a great time for him to test him out again good players?

Last edited:

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
WingerFan said:
is crosby the next one??

i actually kind of laughed at that article. find it funny when they mention how they said the same thing about so many other players.

also why isnt boris valabik playing for slovakia.. wouldnt this be a great time for him to test him out again good players?
Cause are coach doesnt know anything about what he does? :shakehead:

He sucks :(. He could have taken Sekera, who won the OHL best D Award (I dont know if his OHL team aint in the playoffs though). He took Vydareny for the 05 WC's over Meszaros.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
All teams can add 2 players after the first 3 games. Which would bring the roster to 22 + 3 goalies.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
filly_canadiens said:
no andrei kostitsyn for belarus? thats a shocker...same with zakharov, hes not there either....belarus is making mistakes by not putting these guyhs on the team

But KOSTITSYN is on the roster here

NewBlood

Sep 8, 2005
Why is Stéphane Robidas (Canada) listed as a Frankfurt Lion and not a Dallas Star?

OilerOlli*

Very disapointing when I watch the rosters. Sweden for example could have nearly all their stars at this tournament, but I see only Zetterberg, Samuelsson and Kronwall. Whats about Sundin, Forsberg, Holmström, Lidström, Norström, Sedin Twins, Salo, Bäckman? Yes, they already have th eplympic gold medal, but the WC is a big tournament, too. Here you can see the real attitude from the players! I guess you can't earn enough money at such a tournament. They want to rest is no reason, they would have plenty time after the tournament and if they had come into the stanleycup finals, the season would have been even longer.
Or what's about Kiprusoff? Finland has actually the best Goalie in the world, but he doesn't want to play for them. Perhaps Finland would had won the gold medal in Torino with him. And now, he doesn't play again for his country. Why is he ******** on Finland? Doesn't the finnish people already hate him?
If in soccer a player doesn't want to play for his country he get banned!

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Soccer/football national teams have more players to pick from so they can be a little harder and UEFA and FIFA have more to say then what IIHF have. And the Swedes you named are injured or just to disapointed that they are out of the Stanley Cup that they could not motivate them self for this tournament. I would also have loved to see them but I rather have hungry players with less skill then skilled players with no hunger. They are not machines.

Savolainen

Oct 10, 2005
OilerOlli said:
Or what's about Kiprusoff? Finland has actually the best Goalie in the world, but he doesn't want to play for them. Perhaps Finland would had won the gold medal in Torino with him. And now, he doesn't play again for his country. Why is he ******** on Finland? Doesn't the finnish people already hate him?
If in soccer a player doesn't want to play for his country he get banned!

Finland wouldn't have won gold with Kipper because Niittymäki played in the form of his life and it wasn't his fault to lose against Sweden.
Kiprusoff woudn't have been better than Niitty.

OilerOlli*

Russia has 24 players on their roster...Just wonder, thought every team can only name 23 plyers. :confused:

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
OilerOlli said:
Russia has 24 players on their roster...Just wonder, thought every team can only name 23 plyers. :confused:
Again : teams can add two players after the first round.

Russia added Misharin and Mozyakin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad