Roster update for Jan

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not even trying to be funny here, but i wouldn't expect the roster update before Valentine's day, a month after the season starts.

Reactions: DieselPig

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I dont get it. They were updating the roster every 2 weeks on Wednesday. But when the season starts they stop that schedule?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm really curious as to why they can't/won't implement a roster sharing and editing function with their games. I wonder if it's a huge coding hassle or theyre just too lazy to do it. So many people play franchise mode and it would save people HOURS of tedious editing with a videogame controller if we could just go to a website, make the edits there, and download them to our console.

Reactions: Burkeocet

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'm really curious as to why they can't/won't implement a roster sharing and editing function with their games. I wonder if it's a huge coding hassle or theyre just too lazy to do it. So many people play franchise mode and it would save people HOURS of tedious editing with a videogame controller if we could just go to a website, make the edits there, and download them to our console.
If it was a major pain in the ass I doubt it would be in any of their other games. Especially the Show where the minor league systems are massive.

I don't think they're lazy either. I think they know full well what most people think of the game and they know that their sales would take a massive drop each year because nobody would need to pay $80 for their ridiculously overpriced roster update each year.

There's no other logical reason whatsoever.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

Rosters are a top 5 complaint (by complaint I mean at the start of seasons the majority of the population doesn't understand how rookies work). I'm assuming there's a logical reason for it and outside of overalls (which every hard-core player edits regardless of how many are right or wrong) I personally have never had an issue with the frequency of updates.

Only real issue is missing players and a lot of times that's based on paperwork.

So yeah basically I'd assume that it's either licensing (teams/players are only okay with editing up to a certain point) or they are working with spaghetti code which based on a) the limited size of the dev group and b) the way bugs keep coming back I would say is likely.

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
It does appear that the next update will include NHL GP players added, however, I was told by someone with knowledge that taxi squad players are unlikely and their arrival may or may not result in additional wait time on a roster update. The non-NHL GP (as of Thurs. Jan. 21) but on taxi squad includes...

Connor Mackey, Calgary
Morgan Barron, NYR (believe he is being assigned to Hartford today or tomorrow)
Drew O'Connor, Pittsburgh
Brinson Pasichnuk, SJ
Jack Rathbone, Marc Michaelis, Van
Dylan Samberg, Winnipeg

I have another 37 on my list of players who have ELC's but are AHL-bound and thus won't be in the game. Not to be bleak, but the most realistic roster update as it relates to Franchise Mode players is February--though in my experience, AHL players are added pretty quickly after they make their appearances (in one case I recall an NCAA player added a day after their debut while on a ATO). International players from KHL/MHL is a bit more complicated. It's unfortunate.

I had off all last week from my job--use it or lose it time and thought I'd get some sort of update. Not to be... but I did create 12 NCAA teams with all-created, authentic rosters...sooooooo I'll leave you with a call for Netflix and new hobby recommendations-ha!

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Can someone help me out with this questions....

does NHL 21 have the new divisions in Franchise mode? I’m tempted to buy it for the all-Canadian division but don’t know if they’ve updated that or not? Can’t seem to find the answer anywhere online.

thanks

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

does NHL 21 have the new divisions in Franchise mode? I’m tempted to buy it for the all-Canadian division but don’t know if they’ve updated that or not? Can’t seem to find the answer anywhere online.

thanks

No. You can move teams between divisons manually but there is no shortened season and no temporary divisions, and I'd imagine that would be rough to implement in a game that wasn't meant to need that.

Reactions: hardcorehabs

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010

thanks
that would be cool--and I can't imagine they'd embrace the no fans/tarps over the seats, but that would be kinda cool too. You know the league pushed hard / forced them to include the helmet decals....

Reactions: hardcorehabs

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
No. You can move teams between divisons manually but there is no shortened season and no temporary divisions, and I'd imagine that would be rough to implement in a game that wasn't meant to need that.
in saying 'no' you can't is that based off how the game exists now or has there been a roster update today? Asking cause I'm still at work

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
OR they could just let you change divisions in the offseason in the Franchise mode like the 2K series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad