Roster Talk: News, Theories, Lineups, Rumors Etc. New Season Cometh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Quick was fantastic, but the Kings lead the playoffs in scoring (other than the gong show series of Philly and Pittsburgh who scored a million times against each other) by a long shot. That Kings defense in 2012 was insanely good at stopping other teams. I will go with no Quick = no playoffs though. Either way, Schenn and Simmonds on the roster don't help us win a Cup in 2012. That's laughable and it's the disgruntled Flyers fan argument to downplay Richards importance to the Kings to further secure their trade "victory". And 2014 doesn't happen without 2012. You can step on a bunch of butterflies and in no reality do the Kings win Cups with Brayden Schenn in the lineup.

It's like they're on the sinking ship of mediocrity and their cries are being silenced by the cold dark waters. More entertaining is when Giroux will need to be moved because his age won't fit with the rebuild. They'll win that trade too I'm sure.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...pniak-ward-hunwick-ehrhoff-stalberg/75478802/

USA Today apparently thinks Ehrhoff is a top3 d-man for us and is bolstering a defense in desperate need of stability. Well that's good news I guess, here I was thinking he's struggling to stay in the lineup at all.

Great!!! Keep up the propaganda and Lombardi will be able to get a pick for him at the deadline!!! :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Great!!! Keep up the propaganda and Lombardi will be able to get a pick for him at the deadline!!! :laugh:

That would be one bright side to the media darkness about the Kings if scouts didn't go to games, haha. Ehrhoff gets moved on name alone.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
vs ARZ
vs NYI
vs EDM
@ PHI

we can so win the next 4

The Pacific teams have had an easier time of it lately because of weaker teams making their west coast swing. The Islanders are obviously an exception, they are a solid squad.

The effort is there so I expect at least 6 points, but a sweep is there for the taking.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...pniak-ward-hunwick-ehrhoff-stalberg/75478802/

USA Today apparently thinks Ehrhoff is a top3 d-man for us and is bolstering a defense in desperate need of stability. Well that's good news I guess, here I was thinking he's struggling to stay in the lineup at all.

Well, just like the writers who are asleep during our games don't realize how good some of our guys are, they also don't realize how bad some of them are.

If Christian Ehrhoff is a #3 d-man than Jordan Nolan is winning the Rocket Richard.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It's like they're on the sinking ship of mediocrity and their cries are being silenced by the cold dark waters. More entertaining is when Giroux will need to be moved because his age won't fit with the rebuild. They'll win that trade too I'm sure.
:

That depends on how long they wait and what they get back. I would have done it last year, because he's about turn 28 and in the middle of his peak years, and they are a good 3 to 4 yrs from being a legit deep playoff threat team, given the division and conf. they are in. By the time they get their ducks in a row, he'll be pushing 32 or older.
Lot of roadblocks, he's a beloved fair haired boy here and wears Teflon, criticism is not tolerated. He's 8.5 M per and has an NMC. Given how hard it is to trade the most popular player on the team who also is the Captain, I don't think Hexy would have the stones.

He ought to find an elite team who is a legit contender and trade him for a younger version. Giroux might consider lifting his NMC , say for example,
they had the chance to get Galchenyuk from the Habs.

But I feel that won't happen, Like Iginla, they will wait too long.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings have had interest in Marleau since his draft year.

Lombardi almost acquired him as well when ESPN abruptly reported a completed three team trade with the Kings getting Marleau, Sharks get Heatley, and Frolov and Stoll to Ottawa.

I don't know how they'd manage to pull off a Marleau trade now though given the cap and the Sharks likely not wanting to send him anywhere within the division.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If only he didn't have that pesky NTC (NMC?)...could have them trade him to Boston and go from there :sarcasm:

Realistically, salary and other pieces aside, I don't even see the fit. He's just Gaborik with more juice.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
only one of the three teams mentioned for Marleau has the cap space for him (the ducks)

The Ducks are probably not all that interested with all their RFA's coming up after this season. If he was in the last year of that contract, it would be fine.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
only one of the three teams mentioned for Marleau has the cap space for him (the ducks)

The Ducks have their own internal cap, so I don't see it happening there either. If he'd expand his list, he probably go to Nashville, Minn or someplace that has the cap space and assets. We have neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad