Roster Talk: Nearing the 20 game mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron*

With all due respect, this 1,000 post limit on threads is absolutely ridiculous. Unless this website is dealing with ancient servers, it's absolutely unnecessary. vBulletin is well advanced the infancy stages.

I wanted to respond to JU's latest charade that he thinks Kopi is gone and I can't do it now, unless I go through an advanced way of quoting his posts, which quite frankly takes up too much of my time.

So the hell with it...except to say that "Kopi is gone" is a ridiculous statement on its own.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Listen to Mayor's recent podcast.

It doesn't seem positive. The agent. The fact it is dragging onto in the season. The Kings cap situation. Lucic and TT's impending situation.

justonetime

Mar 13, 2009
With all due respect, this 1,000 post limit on threads is absolutely ridiculous. Unless this website is dealing with ancient servers, it's absolutely unnecessary. vBulletin is well advanced the infancy stages.

Seriously, I've thought this for a long time. Twoplustwo (poker forum) is run on vBulletin and has many, many, many threads with approaching 100,000 posts, no problem. Anyway...

I'd be shocked if Kopi gets moved, shocked. I know people aren't thrilled about his offensive numbers, but the guy is loved by everyone in the organization.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008

It doesn't seem positive. The agent. The fact it is dragging onto in the season. The Kings cap situation. Lucic and TT's impending situation.

I wouldn't worry. His family is in LA now, he's only been here and it's not like Don Meehan is his agent, Brisson is good.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think a part of Kopitar's crappy play may be that he could have his contract negotiations lingering in his head. He just looks so much weaker on his stick and on his skates.

When Kopitar was at his best, he wouldn't take the puck down the wing and make a wide turn around the boards and lose the puck like he is doing constantly this season. Kopitar on his game would find a teammate or cut to the middle of the ice for a scoring chance.

Anyhow, I don't see the team trading Kopitar. They have hung onto every impending UFA when they've been in a playoff position and I can't see that changing this season. The only time I could see it as a possibility is if the wheels fall off and Lombardi decides to make a major shakeup.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Sorry guys but I think Kopitar is gone. His agent is Brisson.

I think the Kings will take that money re-sign Lucic, sign Toffoli long term and add a defensemen.

I don't think this is the case really. He was also the agent for Robitaille and Blake. So it's not as if he doesn't have a good rapport with people in the front office.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Just because you say, "with all due respects" does not mean you get to say whatever you want to say.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I think a part of Kopitar's crappy play may be that he could have his contract negotiations lingering in his head. He just looks so much weaker on his stick and on his skates.

When Kopitar was at his best, he wouldn't take the puck down the wing and make a wide turn around the boards and lose the puck like he is doing constantly this season. Kopitar on his game would find a teammate or cut to the middle of the ice for a scoring chance.

Anyhow, I don't see the team trading Kopitar. They have hung onto every impending UFA when they've been in a playoff position and I can't see that changing this season. The only time I could see it as a possibility is if the wheels fall off and Lombardi decides to make a major shakeup.

It's not like he has to worry about his job. If it was bothering him that much and absolutely wanted to stay he would have signed already.

Attributing his contract status when the dude is going to be making at least what he's making now is ludicrous. It's different than us normal people when losing our jobs could mean losing our house etc.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

I have a hard time this guy know anything about what's going on with it. If they are really asking north of 9 million I really hope Dean let's him go.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't see them signing him for anywhere near what Brisson has reportedly asked for either though. There's a reason Dean said, "not even in the same ballpark".

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's not like he has to worry about his job. If it was bothering him that much and absolutely wanted to stay he would have signed already.

Attributing his contract status when the dude is going to be making at least what he's making now is ludicrous. It's different than us normal people when losing our jobs could mean losing our house etc.

I believe Justin Williams stated that last season the uncertainty of his contract status did take a bit of a toll on him. It isn't so much about the money but the uncertainty of whether or not he'll still be a King by the end of the season. I'd like to think he would be, but who knows how these things play out. Take Ryan Smyth for example.

Noonan61

Aug 16, 2011
LA
Good article on Carter. Seems he really likes it here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jeff-carter-under-the-radar-elite-status-in-los-angeles-031107121.html

But in it is a very telling quote about Richards. Weren't these two guys suppose to be best buds? Seems like he is distancing himself from him, maybe doing some damage control...

Carter is quick to point out that he’s his own person, though he and Richards shared success together with multiple Canadian national teams as well as a Flyers 2010 Stanley Cup Final run and two Kings’ Cups.

“All that where ‘it’s me and him is really,’ no offense, but it’s just the media talking,†Carter said. “We played against each other in junior and then we got drafted to Philly together and came in to Philly the same time and World Juniors and pretty much every team we’ve played on since we’ve both been on that team. It’s fair to say, but we were both totally different players and never really played that much together maybe hereor there.â€

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good article on Carter. Seems he really likes it here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jeff-carter-under-the-radar-elite-status-in-los-angeles-031107121.html

But in it is a very telling quote about Richards. Weren't these two guys suppose to be best buds? Seems like he is distancing himself from him, maybe doing some damage control...

I think he's pointing out what many people seemed to think, that the 'bromance' angle was overplayed, that they didn't actually play together as much as people thought, and that they've grown apart over time.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I love how some in the media think Carter can't function without Richards.

Carter is a Pro, and a grown man.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I believe Justin Williams stated that last season the uncertainty of his contract status did take a bit of a toll on him. It isn't so much about the money but the uncertainty of whether or not he'll still be a King by the end of the season. I'd like to think he would be, but who knows how these things play out. Take Ryan Smyth for example.

And I seem to remember this happening before Kopitar's extension, too, and him talking about the process being distracting. I could be thinking of someone else but it certainly rings a bell in my head...and that was a season BEFORE free agency.

Just because you say, "with all due respects" does not mean you get to say whatever you want to say.

It's in the Geneva Convention!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I love how some in the media think Carter can't function without Richards.

Carter is a Pro, and a grown man.

Actually, with some of the departures that happened over recent seasons, I think Carter is turning into a great "pro's pro" on the Kings roster, and he is one of the few.

Ron*

Okay, all say whatever I want to say to you with no respect whatsoever.

Better?

Ron*

And I seem to remember this happening before Kopitar's extension, too, and him talking about the process being distracting. I could be thinking of someone else but it certainly rings a bell in my head...and that was a season BEFORE free agency.

It's in the Geneva Convention!

Ah okay, I get the connection now. My bad.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

The Mayor is just throwing crap around. He still thinks Kopitar is looking at the 10-11 mil range. Kane and Toews make that and they were way over paid even as elite players. Those two contracts f'd up all the future contracts going forward. Kopitar's contract should be more in line with what Perry and Getzlaf got,somewhere in the 9 plus range.

scryan

May 1, 2013

I wanted to respond to JU's latest charade that he thinks Kopi is gone and I can't do it now, unless I go through an advanced way of quoting his posts, which quite frankly takes up too much of my time.

So the hell with it...except to say that "Kopi is gone" is a ridiculous statement on its own.

I don't know the technical side on how it works.. But I know most forums I have been on have had it... One in particular never worried about it... but once they started getting over it on a thread or two it really bogged down the server/caused all kinds of issues.

So as stupid as it is... It does appear to actually be a limitation.
Not really that advanced to copy/paste and type out [quote=NAME][quote]

I will be ****ing blown away if Kopi moves on, but I am curious to see what contract they come up with. And I am waiting and ready to bit about it being too much for his lack of production :D

Ron*

I don't know the technical side on how it works.. But I know most forums I have been on have had it... One in particular never worried about it... but once they started getting over it on a thread or two it really bogged down the server/caused all kinds of issues.

So as stupid as it is... It does appear to actually be a limitation.
Not really that advanced to copy/paste and type out [quote=NAME][quote]

I will be ****ing blown away if Kopi moves on, but I am curious to see what contract they come up with. And I am waiting and ready to bit about it being too much for his lack of production :D

Well, I'm on double secret probation so I can't do that right now, I do know the procedure.

Two, here is a thread that has over 418,000 replies on it, and it has never had a problem. Ever.

http://www.basketballforum.com/bball2223s-hideaway/379908-million-post-thread.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad