WC: Roster Talk '13 — Switzerland

Reznor

Feb 20, 2013
Fribourg
There's still a question mark here, as Blum and Grossmann play with the only line that doesn't see any power play time, so it's likely Diaz would be fit on some power play unit. Or maybe the guy he will replace is Von Gunten?

I believe Grossmann was slightly wounded at an arm and Vauclair at a knee...So the form of these two could play in Simpsons decision.

I don't think Sbisa's decision making is as poor as Bezina's, in the current team he would be an upgrade over Furrer, but not significant enough to bother.

For once Furrer is quite solid this year. I remember one big mistake but he is way above the level he had in the past year, so the upgrade wouldn't maybe be that high.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Wow, that first period!!!

Must be the best all-around performance I've ever seen a swiss team play beside the Zsc Lions in the Champions League 08/09. and they were coached by... Simpson.

and now he'll get the swiss passport... and will disappear to the NHL;)

chrigu6

May 5, 2012
Simpson said that he doesn't invite another defender so we don't have to speculate over Sbisa.

And I think, that this is a good thing. Why should he dress 10 defenders and only 12 forwards? It would be just plain stupid to nominate another d-men (and that counts also for Streit), if a forward gets injured he has only 3 complete lines left and no chance for a replacement. Brunner would have been an option. I don't think he is tired. He was only playing 10 minutes a game in the playoffs, so he would have been fresh. Simpson sticks to Bürgler or Monnet and thats the best decision he can make.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
So it's the Czechs then.

There are no easy opponents left but the Czechs are very beatable as has already been proven. Switzerland will be a tougher opponent than Norway, and besides this game today the Czechs haven't exactly impressed.

Should be a good one, the semifinals are possible for Switzerland. :handclap:

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Let's just put it like this:

If they play like they played today and if we play like we played today...

We are going to have a bad time.

Last edited:

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
So it's the Czechs then.

There are no easy opponents left but the Czechs are very beatable as has already been proven. Switzerland will be a tougher opponent than Norway, and besides this game today the Czechs haven't exactly impressed.

Should be a good one, the semifinals are possible for Switzerland. :handclap:

That was a good one! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Actually Supersonic was saying that the Czechs were impressive against the Norvegians !
I must agree with him.

While the Swiss had a simple good game against them.

Strangely ... shot on goals between the 2 teams and the Norvegians were the same !

I am eager to watch this SUI-CZE game.

And if we win the gold medal ... we will have beaten all teams in the WC !! and won all games !! only loosing 1 point.
Quite an achievement.

I know, we still have to win QF, SF and F first. :laugh:

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
And if we win the gold medal ... we will have beaten all teams in the WC !! and won all games !! only loosing 1 point.
Quite an achievement.

No, the Germans... :cry:

;)

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
And we'll see a new D-pairing. Roman Josi will play with Raphael Diaz. Von Gunten plays with Blum, Grossmann to sit again.

Reto Suri is questionable, but it looks to me as he's gonna play.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
And we'll see a new D-pairing. Roman Josi will play with Raphael Diaz. Von Gunten plays with Blum, Grossmann to sit again.

That's exactly what I feared. Blowing up existing chemistry to have a D-pairing that looks good on paper isn't exactly the best thing to do, IMO.

Reznor

Feb 20, 2013
Fribourg
That's exactly what I feared. Blowing up existing chemistry to have a D-pairing that looks good on paper isn't exactly the best thing to do, IMO.

Just let Simpson coach and we will criticize afterwards if they lose ;)
Until now the choices he made were all good, so I hope it will continue like that.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
IIRC the Swiss is the last team left that has a roster spot open... are they going to add anyone to it? Even though they already have 9 D, a veteran blueliner and leader like Streit would be a huge presence to have

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
IIRC the Swiss is the last team left that has a roster spot open... are they going to add anyone to it? Even though they already have 9 D, a veteran blueliner and leader like Streit would be a huge presence to have

There are two forwards with the team who would be registered if there is a need (Monnet and Bürgler). Streit played the whole season with a knee-injury so it was clear before the tournament startet that he would not come.
A 22th skater only will be registered if there is a need for an attacker.

elduderino

Jul 5, 2009
Josi's play in this tournament is just unbelievable.

Obviously he knows how to play on the big ice, but the Predators have a lot to look forward to with this kid. He has such a high upside and having Weber on his team will help in his development...I'm just drooling thinking about the future of Josi and the Preds. They have to lock him up longterm this summer.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010

It was the right thing to do. Josi and Diaz played great, defensive very solid, and they created the 2-0.

Maybe we'll see Blum back in the semis, Josi had 26 minutes of ice-time which is probably a little bit too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad