WC: Roster Talk '13 — Latvia

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets fan interested in kuldas performance so far. Some of us wanted him to play this year, but he just sat in the press box collecting dust.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Jets fan interested in kuldas performance so far. Some of us wanted him to play this year, but he just sat in the press box collecting dust.

He has been unspectacular so far. Lack of match practice or IIHF reffing hand-cuffing him, hard to tell.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Final stats

Goals scored: 14
Goals allowed: 25
Wins: 2
OT/SO wins: 0
OT/SO losses: 2
Losses: 4
Powerplay: 15%
Penalty kill: 73.9%

Top scorer: Lauris DārziņÅ¡/Jānis Sprukts | 6
Top goal scorer: Lauris DārziņÅ¡ | 5
Assists leader: Jānis Sprukts | 5
Ice time leader: Artūrs Kulda | 23:15
Plus/minus leader: DārziņÅ¡/Sprukts/Gints Meija | +2

AndrewGaze

Apr 5, 2013
Kind of a failed championship. In my eyes, any less than TOP 10 is not a success for Latvia.

Could have done better, were unlucky some times. Let's hope for a decent Olympics.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Congratulation Latvia with beating Denmark again - Latvia 11'th and Denmark 12'th.
Hopefully enough to get the WC in 2017?!

Despite losing to Austria, Latvia showed good play in the end when it really mattered.
Next time we will both pass Norway so you can be in top 10.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Congratulation Latvia with beating Denmark again - Latvia 11'th and Denmark 12'th.

Despite losing to Austria, Latvia showed good play in the end when it really mattered.

Hopefully we both qualify for quarters next year :laugh: and again we will be in different groups so thats nice.

Also thank god this Sweden/Finland nightmare wc has ended,belarus will be many times better in terms of organization and atmosphere i`m sure.

ficohok*

Hopefully we both qualify for quarters next year :laugh: and again we will be in different groups so thats nice.

Also thank god this Sweden/Finland nightmare wc has ended,belarus will be many times better in terms of organization and atmosphere i`m sure.

Are groups already known ?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I like our chances with that bottom four. It won't be a walk in park, but the other branch looks like a proper grind.

Yep,if only we could swap Germany with Italy... :laugh: I really dont like games with Krauts,because its always nerve wrecking :laugh:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme

What matters is that we both remain in Elite! If you fight for staying, you don't really care what place you have, a place in elite is good enough! :)

Austria is a different team this year, and we underestimated them. They were better, I think.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark played a good tourney, bad luck and some bad reffing made sure we didn't finish better. We had NO blowouts this year which is progress. But im honest when I say Denmark were better than Norway, but unlucky.

And to be honest, I think group Stockholm was tougher.

I don't think France and Austria would have done as well in that group. So I can't see why anyone would want Austria instead of Denmark.

Austria benefitted from qualifying to the OGQ just like Slovenia, it sparked something in them, and they were fighting not to go down. Vanek made the Austria Team competitive, Denmark beat both France and Austria a week before the Tourney but not Slovenia, and Denmark also beat Russia before the Tourney, so it was clear from the start that the Russians were not really motivated.

I think it's safe to say, that the teams that are up now, are the right teams.

But hey, let us just hope we get the joint WC - even though I have a feeling Paris and Cologne will get it, they are more international cities with 2 bigger arenas.

Promo Video for CPH-RIG Bid:

And some other Video regarding it:

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I for one liked how Denmark played in this tournament,taking into account that you missed almost all of your NHL players.

So did we :sarcasm: I would like Denmark if they would ice all those NHLer's, but currently they really are boring in my eyes. Not good, or quite contrary, not s**t enough to root for them to make it far in the tourney. Very similar to us actually.

Anyway, next year again I'll be able to pull for Kazakhstan to stay up, which eventually will mean that I will be rooting against Belarus with current groups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad