WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
Gabriel_Landeskog_Ryan_Nugent_Hopkins_Laughing_Making_Upper_Deck_Videos_2011_NHL_Rookie_Showcase_Toronto.jpg

Caption the Nuge!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
As much as I hate the Oilers it makes sense to give the C to the best player on the team. From what i've heard he was mature as a mentor for MacKinnon during the camp, and obviously has the most NHL experience. Good choice. Good experience for the kid.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Landeksog could be captain of the Swedish national team as soon as this world championships.

He could be but I wonder what Zetterberg and Henrik Sedin would think of that. Also Alfie hasn't quit that I know of just yet.

RNH was going to be the leader of this team it makes sense. With his NHL experience the guys will look to him.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He could be but I wonder what Zetterberg and Henrik Sedin would think of that. Also Alfie hasn't quit that I know of just yet.

RNH was going to be the leader of this team it makes sense. With his NHL experience the guys will look to him.

Sedin and Zetterberg would be fine with it I'm sure. I went on the presumption that Alfredsson is done.

Nugent-Hopkins being captain makes sense it's just not a expected pick considering he's not known for his leadership and there's so many captains on this team.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
interesting choice, hopefully RNH handles this well and it helps him grow into a better player

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
I know the Oilers brass left it up to RNH to choose if he went to the World Juniors or stay with the Barons and he chose to represent Canada; but I wish they left him in OKC. I feel that the experience he'd get and the chemistry he'd build playing against men is better than potentially dominating a junior tournament. I understand that it's just a couple of weeks and he'll be back in OKC before the lockout ends (if it ever does) but still, he has nothing left to prove at the junior level.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
I know the Oilers brass left it up to RNH to choose if he went to the World Juniors or stay with the Barons and he chose to represent Canada; but I wish they left him in OKC. I feel that the experience he'd get and the chemistry he'd build playing against men is better than potentially dominating a junior tournament. I understand that it's just a couple of weeks and he'll be back in OKC before the lockout ends (if it ever does) but still, he has nothing left to prove at the junior level.

As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't have anything to prove at the AHL level either. May as well go and try and win a gold medal for your country while you have the opportunity.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
RNH was a great choice, congratz to him.

Glad that Harrington has an "A". Go Knights go!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Would've thought Huberdeau or Harrington would have been picked, but whatever.

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Hamilton isnt even the Captain of his junior team. I figured it would have been Huberdeau or Harrington.

Then again neither was RNH.

Niagara doesn't have a captain, soo...
No problem with RNH as captain, makes sense, but for some reason I thought it might go to Jenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad