C|24|Rok Tičar
C|26|Jan Urbas
L|71|Bostjan Goličič
R|76|Rok Pajić
F|96|Luka Bašič

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
Although we don't have a large players pool to choose from, I think our team can surprise if they play with grit, heart and determination. Let's hope for the best.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
I think we have the best possible team (without Kopitar and Mursak) on this WM. And many are in good game condition, they played with their teams till this week. Others are preparing for WC for over a month right now.

We played 6 preparation games. Two against Italy and Kazahstan (one win and loss against both of them) with almost B-team (Italy and Kazahstan with almost full squad because it was one week before their B1 WC where both reach A group for next year). And at the end two games against Austria with two wins (5:2 and penalties).

I for sure think we can suprise many teams if they won't take us seriously. Reachig Olympics really give us boost of confidence. It wont be easy because Beloruss can not relegate but we'll for sure fight till the end.

Duledoz

Mar 6, 2010
Slovenija may get huge reinforcement - Jan Muršak is playing in AHL playoffs and Grand Rapids lost yesterday against Houston. Series is tied 2-2, last game of round 1 will be in Sunday.

Very useful for first insight - Media Guide 2013 Team Slovenia

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Slovenia has been impressive. No wonder they made the Olympics, they have a really good system.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Slovenia has been impressive. No wonder they made the Olympics, they have a really good system.

Agree. No doubt they will be back after a year. Also Mursak will be playing in Europe to help them out.

OttawaKing

May 24, 2012
Matjaz Kopitar(the coach) only put Gracnar in for the last 2 games as well, earlier it had been Andrej and Robert. I think if Gracnar gets drafted and gets some solid coaching, Luka and a Robert Kristian on his game(Kristians getting on in his prime), would give Slovenia at least a chance. It's just dissapointing to see them lose all those close games and get relegated, couldve gone the other way. With this under their belts and half a year to get ready for the Olympics, who knows how well we'll do.

Go Slovenija, Go Risi, Go Kopitars

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Final stats

Goals scored: 12
Goals allowed: 27
Wins: 0
OT/SO wins: 0
OT/SO losses: 2
Losses: 5
Powerplay: 16.7%
Penalty kill: 69%

Top scorer: Rok Tičar | 6 pts
Top goal scorer: Rok Tičar | 3
Assists leader: Blaž Gregoc/Rok Tičar | 3
Ice time leader: Aleš Kranjc | 21:00
Plus/minus leader: Robert Sabolič | +1

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think we have the best possible team (without Kopitar and Mursak) on this WM. And many are in good game condition, they played with their teams till this week. Others are preparing for WC for over a month right now.

We played 6 preparation games. Two against Italy and Kazahstan (one win and loss against both of them) with almost B-team (Italy and Kazahstan with almost full squad because it was one week before their B1 WC where both reach A group for next year). And at the end two games against Austria with two wins (5:2 and penalties).

I for sure think we can suprise many teams if they won't take us seriously. Reachig Olympics really give us boost of confidence. It wont be easy because Beloruss can not relegate but we'll for sure fight till the end.

That last line sure proved prophetic did it not?

Still a solid tourney for Slovenia, very impressive to compete as hard as they did without their top 2 players in the tournament.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
That last line sure proved prophetic did it not?

Still a solid tourney for Slovenia, very impressive to compete as hard as they did without their top 2 players in the tournament.

Well I understand this team and their morale quite good. I was aware that they are getting closer to top teams but on other hand there are still some things missing to be able to compete with them. And if top teams don't take us to seriously (like Canada yesterday), it can be quite even match. Few years ago we would lose these type of games by four to five goals difference.

We only had one really bad game against the Switzerland in others we didn't lose more than two goals. And with the exception of the game against Sweden all other games should go to at least overtime. But there we see our lack of playing hard preparation games because better nations just don't want to play against us. I hope this will change in the future and then our chances in future will be much better.

Temid

Oct 10, 2006
sLOVEnia
Very good performance by first line, especially considering Sabolič vas playing injured (or at least not fully recovered). 2nd line went MIA.. dont know if Rodman brothers were to tired or just not 100% (David been injured a lot this year) and Urbas didnt produce neither, regardless of tons of shots he put on net (last match being an exception), dont think they lacked motivation as they sure were trying hard, but was expecting they would produce a few goals more. 3rd and 4th line did their job good i think. Razingar still finds himself at the right place in the right time :) and Pajič had a really good tournament imo.. and i liked how coach kept rotating new players on that 3rd line. Also 4th line did their job good (except against Swiss, but whole team was overrun on that one).

Goalies wise im a bit sad that Gračnar didnt get a chance in one of the first 3 matches, i think Kristan was not on top of his game this year. Easy to be a general after the battle tho.

Nothing much to add about defense.. we are still missing a stay at home defensing defender. Gregorc is filling that spot okish, but need another big body in the back.

Was very happy with the attitude of whole team, never giving up and keep trying game in game out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad