WC: Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
They should reach the semifinals with no problem...hopefully.

Last edited:

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Adding Elias would be huge; it allows them to run a center lineup of Elias on the first line, Voracek or Hudler centering the second line, and Hanzal shifted to the third line in a primarily defensive role.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
3th goalie Jakub Kovar has some nasty form of quinsy and is replaced by Pavel Francouz (HC Litvínov)

edit: By the way, how cool would it look if Francouz actually played in some match in his yellow/black equipment and his Homer mask? :laugh:

CIG47f96e_francouz_biciste.JPG

Last edited:

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
I must say our roster looks very good. Tlusty 23 goals this season, Voracek 22+24, Vrbata is a great goal scorer as well. I'm looking forward to see Hudler again on national team. I think he wants to go next year to the Olympics, so this would be a chance to prove that he's still good enough.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I think we will roll these lines:

Tlusty - Hudler - Voracek
Fleischmann - Hanzal - Vrbata
Irgl - Novotny (C) - Hubacek
Koukal - Jan Kovar - Hertl

Tenkrat, Vrana

I'm pretty sure about Hudlers and Hanzals line.

Miruss

Feb 3, 2013
Ostrava
What about our defense

Smid - Z. Michalek
Hejda - Nakladal
Caslava - Krejcik ?

Kutlak
Troncinsky

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
What about our defense

Smid - Z. Michalek
Hejda - Nakladal
Caslava - Krejcik ?

Kutlak
Troncinsky
Well, obviously It's a 'fight' about one spot among Krejcik, Kutlak and Troncinsky. Z. Michalek, Hejda, Smid, Nakladal and Caslava are locks in line-up.

I would go with Troncinsky for the first game, he looked good in EHT. He was also kinda good in his first season in KHL.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I seem to remember during the WJC there was talk of Radek Faksa getting blacklisted for choosing to play hockey in Canada as opposed to staying in his home country.

Is this still the case, or is there a chance he could suit up for the Czechs?

He's in the playoffs with the Stars' AHL affiliate so they probably won't let him go anyways, I was just curious though. :D

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Very solid roster. I'm looking forward to the Canada - Czech Republic game.

Hockeygirl95*

Interesting to see that Hudler is playing center.

I don't recall him playing center this year in Calgary. (although I know he has played it in the past)

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
I seem to remember during the WJC there was talk of Radek Faksa getting blacklisted for choosing to play hockey in Canada as opposed to staying in his home country.

He's in the playoffs with the Stars' AHL affiliate so they probably won't let him go anyways, I was just curious though. :D

Faksa isn't blacklisted, Stransky is. But still, Faksa is struggling a lot this year. No chance he would play.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere

Well I think Faksa isn't blacklisted anymore, he played at the last WJC. IMO this weird rule applies only for Czech junior teams (U20, U18 etc.).

In addition we already have one young player on team - Tomas Hertl. Czech national team usually don't have more young players on senior's WC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad