WC: Roster Talk '12 — France

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Here's preliminary roster :

GOALIES : Cristobal Huet (Fribourg-Gottéron, 92 sélections), Fabrice Lhenry (Rouen, 125 sélections), Florian Hardy (Chamonix, 10 sélections).

DEFENSE: Baptiste Amar (203 sélections, 17 buts), Johan Auvitu (Jyväskylä, FIN, 34 sélections, 2 buts), Vincent Bachet (Amiens, 232 sélections, 19 buts), Kévin Hecquefeuille (Genève-Servette, SUI, 137 sélections, 25 buts), Nicolas Besch (Cracovie, POL, 128 sélections, 4 buts), Antonin Manavian (Rouen, 51 sélections, 1 but), Maxime Moisand (Odense, DAN, 18 sélections, 1 but), Alexandre Rouleau (Grenoble, 3 sélections).

FORWARDS : Charles Bertrand (Lukko Rauma, FIN, 5 sélections, 1 but), Pierre-Édouard Bellemare (Skellefteå , SWE, 107 sélections, 23 buts), Stéphane Da Costa (Ottawa/Binghamton, NHL/AHL, 25 sélections, 6 buts), Teddy Da Costa (Tychy, POL, 41 sélections, 5 buts), Julien Desrosiers (Rouen, 95 sélections, 38 buts), Damien Fleury (Timrå, SUE, 53 sélections, 8 buts), Anthony Guttig (Dijon, 7 sélections, 4 buts), Brian Henderson (Angers, 39 sélections, 4 buts), Loïc Lampérier (Rouen, 41 sélections, 1 but), Laurent Meunier (Straubing, ALL, 185 sélections, 45 buts), Damien Raux (Angers, 76 sélections, 5 buts), Antoine Roussel (Chicago, AHL, 0 sélection), Sacha Treille (Sparta Prague, TCH, 71 sélections, 9 buts), Yorick Treille (Sparta Prague, TCH, 99 sélections, 31 buts).

RESERVE : Ronan Quemener (G, Grenoble, 7 sélections), Jonathan Janil (D, Rouen, 7 sélections), Thomas Roussel (D, Amiens, 67 sélections, 4 buts), Yohann Morant (D, Berne, SUI, 2 sélections), Teddy Trabichet (D, Amiens, 39 sélections, 1 but), Kevin Dusseau (D, Grenoble, 0 sélection), Julien Albert (A, Angers, 12 sélections, 1 but), Grégory Béron (A, Amiens, 3 sélections), Valentin Claireaux (A, Amiens, 3 sélections), Robin Gaborit (A, Briançon, 0 sélection), Laurent Gras (A, Chamonix, 250 sélections, 36 buts), Anthony Rech (A, Rouen, 3 sélections), Nicolas Ritz (A, Dijon, 3 sélections), Jérémie Romand (A, Caen, 39 sélections, 5 buts), Lionel Tarantino (A, Strasbourg, 9 sélections, 1 but).

With teams, caps and goals for NT.
The main "surprises" are the selection of Antoine Roussel (AHL) who never played for France at this point. Quemener lost the 3rd GK spot to Hardy, who was better this season.
Janil, who played last year, lost the 7th d-man spot to Rouleau (a former Canadian U20).
Guttig makes the team, one of the most promising young players during the last 2 seasons, winning the French Cup with Dijon this season.

In the reserve list, a few kids like Rech and Ritz, who shone for the U20 team.

Stephane Da Costa selection depends of Ottawa : he played in AHL but if he's called up as a reserve, we won't have him.

France will fight as usual for the right to stay in Elite. The new structure (2 groups of 8) could help. 2 win could be enough. Kazakhstan and Belarus are the main targets.

Darby Hendricksson

Apr 4, 2012
Here's preliminary roster :

With teams, caps and goals for NT.
The main "surprises" are the selection of Antoine Roussel (AHL) who never played for France at this point. Quemener lost the 3rd GK spot to Hardy, who was better this season.
Janil, who played last year, lost the 7th d-man spot to Rouleau (a former Canadian U20).
Guttig makes the team, one of the most promising young players during the last 2 seasons, winning the French Cup with Dijon this season.

In the reserve list, a few kids like Rech and Ritz, who shone for the U20 team.

Stephane Da Costa selection depends of Ottawa : he played in AHL but if he's called up as a reserve, we won't have him.

France will fight as usual for the right to stay in Elite. The new structure (2 groups of 8) could help. 2 win could be enough. Kazakhstan and Belarus are the main targets.

With a weak Slovakia maybe France could beat them too? Would be nice to see France sniff at QF, but thats asking to much of them I guess...

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
With a weak Slovakia maybe France could beat them too? Would be nice to see France sniff at QF, but thats asking to much of them I guess...

Who knows ! France took some huge steps in recent years. Now half of the team plays in other leagues, and with some important roles.
Bellemare is 8th in SEL goal scoring, 21st in points. Auvitu is now a regular in SM Liiga. Fleury is also a regular in SEL. Both Treille brothers are regulars in Czech League, Meunier in DEL... some are regulars in Swiss League, so it's a lot better than a few years ago. If Da Costa can play as well, it would be even better.

mcsk*

Hahah it's funny cause I lived in Dijon for a few years and actually played on the same team as Nicolas Ritz, I sucked but he was easily the best player on the team though, he must've been like 17 or 18 at the time.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Hahah it's funny cause I lived in Dijon for a few years and actually played on the same team as Nicolas Ritz, I sucked but he was easily the best player on the team though, he must've been like 17 or 18 at the time.

Ritz was one of the leader for France U20 team in december, with Rouen's Anthony Rech.
Both players are in training camp with the senior team but are long shots to make the team.
Rech played regularly vs Italy in both games this week end, Ritz not a lot. Both brought energy and were good on sunday. :)

Guttig is another Dijon player on the roster and he's a sure bet to go to the Worlds. Great season for him.

I was at the game on sunday (8-3 win) and both Treille brothers were dominant. Physically great, speed, playing with an edge...
Bertrand (who plays for Lukko) was awesome as well, he has some great puck skills.
Overall, a good game for France, with a very strong PP. Hecquefeuille lead the way !

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Bellemare likely sustained a pretty bad concussion from a hit in Game 5 of the SEL finals. Tough break for France if so.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
If you want to find something positive about Bellemare's injury - Charles Bertrand gets a BIG opportunity in a good offensive role. He deserves it, one of the best players in Lukko this season. His work ethic and self-confidence... I just love him! :handclap:

Redhawk

Feb 17, 2010
The coach and team doctor at Skelleftea have just announced that they don't think it's a concussion for Bellmare. After he got his breath back, he seemed fine and walked around without any problems.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Yeah, he is great stickhandler. His wrist shot is beauty too. What about team France's lineups in sunday's game?

Here it is :
GK: Cristobal Huet then Florian Hardy at 29'52".

DEFENSE : Vincent Bachet (C, -1) - Kévin Hecquefeuille (A, -2) ; Alexandre Rouleau (+2, 2') - Jonathan Janil (+1, 2') ; Nicolas Besch (+2) - Kévin Dusseau.

FORWARDS: Julien Desrosiers (-1, 2') - Anthony Guttig (-1, 2') - Yorick Treille (A) ; Damien Fleury (+1, 2') - Teddy Da Costa (+1) - Sacha Treille (+1, 2'+10') ; Robin Gaborit - Brian Henderson (2') - Charles Bertrand ; Loïc Lampérier (+1) - Damien Raux (+1) - Anthony Rech ; Nicolas Ritz [at 57'].

Youngster Dusseau scored his 1st NT goal.
In defense, add Amar, Auvitu and Manavian instead of Janil and Dusseau and you have the 7 guys. Janil may be selected as a 8th but it would probably be Moisand instead, who played the Danish league finals.

Forwards, add Meunier, Bellemare instead of kids Rech and Ritz. If Stephane Da Costa is available, he would probably be there instead of Gaborit or Lampérier.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Ok, thanks! :handclap:

Could it be something like this against USA?

Pierre-Édouard Bellemare - Stephane da Costa - Damien Fleury
Charles Bertrand - Laurent Meunier - Julien Desrosiers
Sacha Treille - Teddy da Costa - Yorick Treille
Anthony Guttig - Brian Henderson - Antoine Roussel
(Loïc Lampérier, Damien Raux)

Kevin Hecquefeuille - Baptiste Amar
Yohann Auvitu - Vincent Bachet
Nicolas Besch - Antonin Manavian
Maxime Moisand - Alexandre Rouleau

Cristobal Huet
Fabrice Lhenry(?)
Florian Hardy

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I will probably sell one ticket for FRA vs FIN game @ hartwall areena.

Real ticket value: 156€ (selling it under it ofc)

You can send private message, if interested!

Last edited:

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Ok, thanks! :handclap:

Could it be something like this against USA?

Pierre-Édouard Bellemare - Stephane da Costa - Damien Fleury
Charles Bertrand - Laurent Meunier - Julien Desrosiers
Sacha Treille - Teddy da Costa - Yorick Treille
Anthony Guttig - Brian Henderson - Antoine Roussel
(Loïc Lampérier, Damien Raux)

Kevin Hecquefeuille - Baptiste Amar
Yohann Auvitu - Vincent Bachet
Nicolas Besch - Antonin Manavian
Maxime Moisand - Alexandre Rouleau

Cristobal Huet
Fabrice Lhenry(?)
Florian Hardy

Yep, that would be something like that, probably. Though Bertrand could be drop to 3rd or 4th line and both Treille higher than that.
But it's awesome for us to see so much depth and so much choice...
I went to Quebec in 2008 when France came back to the elite group. We had something like 5 or 6 players from Quebec and a lot of 30+ year old.
And now, we are younger, bigger, faster, and with depth. Amazing work ! :handclap:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Unfortunately, I couldn't afford the trip (I went to Quebec, Mannheim and Kosice)... waaay too expansive, and 156€ ? wow, I paid only 40 a game in Kosice, and a lot less in Quebec...

Yeah. But ofcourse I sell it cheaper.. anyway, the prices are mind blowing imo.. But guess you can get a game like France-SomethingelsethanFinland cheaper, because it wont interest home crowd that much

masa2009

May 11, 2011
The games will be televised for sure.
Canal+ Group is still the rightholder I think.
Which of their channel will show the games, I couldn't tell you though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00