WC: Roster Talk '12 — Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Desharnais, Bozak and Purcell are all guys who I'd like to see wear the Team Canada jersey for the first time. I can't remember if Moulson went last year or not.

Hamonic won't go. He broke his nose during the season and will be getting treatment in Winnipeg.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Here is the ideal. I know that some of the vet guys like Regehr and Ward won't go but wanted to see what it would look like on paper.

Eberle Stamkos Perry
Heatly Getzlaf Nash
Benn E. Staal Skinner
E. Kane Tavares Duchene

Regehr Bouwmeester
Myers Brewer
Subban Phaneuf
Gorges

Price
Ward

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Edmonton Oilers ‏ @NHL_Oilers

#Oilers forward Jordan Eberle has accepted an invitation to represent Canada at the 2012 World Hockey Championship

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Edmonton Oilers ‏ @NHL_Oilers

#Oilers forward Jordan Eberle has accepted an invitation to represent Canada at the 2012 World Hockey Championship

Haha, that was quick, I was just about to post this.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So Who has accepted so far?

Kane
Ladd
Skinner
Eberle

Phaneuf
Subban

Ward

Not bad so far...

Last edited:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Here is the ideal. I know that some of the vet guys like Regehr and Ward won't go but wanted to see what it would look like on paper.

Eberle Stamkos Perry
Heatly Getzlaf Nash
Benn E. Staal Skinner
E. Kane Tavares Duchene

Regehr Bouwmeester
Myers Brewer
Subban Phaneuf
Gorges

Price
Ward

Eberle Stamkos Perry
Heatly Getzlaf Nash
Benn Duchene Skinner
E. Kane Tavares Ladd

Regehr Bouwmeester
Myers Brewer
Subban Phaneuf
Gorges

Price
Ward

That's cool. Ladd was on my short list. I'm a little disapointed about Staal. I was hoping that with the Olympics so close and Stevie Y's influence that this would be the year that we would have a crazy WC team. It still may happen yet though, great to hear about Ward!

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
What hurts Canada the most is players who are available deciding not to play. I bet we could field a gold medal contending team if all the available players were willing to come.

You guys can still put together a gold medal contender. You're the only country with enough depth to lose the kind of top-end talent everyone else does and still be able to put together a roster that looks good. Canada's problem is more than they don't care as much as the Eurpoeans, same as the USA.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Stormin Norman, Montreal reporter tweets, ''So far for Team Canada at World Championships Getzlaf,Eberle,Tavares,Phaneuf,Subban more to come but taking shape.''
&
''News from Carolina #Canes Cam Ward and Jeff skinner and coach Kirk Muller are going to the world Championships for #TeamCanada.''

Add 3 more players. Jay Bouwmeester, Andrew Ladd, Evander Kane. This according to Elite Prospects.

Last edited:

MyNameIsNobody*

Stormin Norman, Montreal reporter tweets, ''So far for Team Canada at World Championships Getzlaf,Eberle,Tavares,Phaneuf,Subban more to come but taking shape.''
&
''News from Carolina #Canes Cam Ward and Jeff skinner and coach Kirk Muller are going to the world Championships for #TeamCanada.''

Add 3 more players. Jay Bouwmeester, Andrew Ladd, Evander Kane. This according to Elite Prospects.

add Stamkos

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
You guys can still put together a gold medal contender. You're the only country with enough depth to lose the kind of top-end talent everyone else does and still be able to put together a roster that looks good. Canada's problem is more than they don't care as much as the Eurpoeans, same as the USA.

Hockey Canada and many Canadians certainly do care about this tournament. Canada I believe had 3 gold medals in the the 2000's, with some silvers in there as well.

We lost 1 game last year by 1 goal in a game that I sincerely believe we out-played the Russians in.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
A more up to date list..

Kane
Ladd
Skinner
Eberle
Getzlaf
Tavares

Phaneuf
Subban
Bouwmeester

Ward

I'm liking those forwards so far..

Last edited:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
A more up to date list..

Kane
Ladd
Skinner
Eberle
Getzlaf
Tavares
Stamkos

Phaneuf
Subban
Bouwmeester

Ward

I'm liking those forwards so far..

Hope Nash, St. Louis, Perry are added to that list as well. On the backend maybe a name like Robidas or they can wait until the first round concludes and have the possibility of adding names such as Doughty, Letang, Coburn, Boyle, Keith, Seabrook etc...depending on which teams are eliminated. Would love to see Price on this team but if his concussion makes him unavailable glad to know we still have Ward.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I would imagine that Team Canada would leave some spots open (but not many) for the first round exit from either the Flyers or the Pens. Lots of players available from there. I can even hope that Crosby might actually play if they are eliminated to get some more hockey in. Hey, a man can dream.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
According to the Ducks twitter, Perry plans on playing at the Worlds this year.

I don't see any confirmations for Stamkos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad